Limitless Limitless 8S speedrun question šŸ™‹ā€ā™‚ļø

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkRaw

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon TLR
Hi everyone,

Iā€™m stuck! At a ā€œlowā€ speed compared to what many of you guys hit..

I ran 104 mph with a 6s Spektrum V5 combo (29/34 gearing) that I stole from a Typhon.

For a long time Iā€™ve had a Max5 combo and a EZRUN 5687 1100kv motor laying around. The other day I decided that I was time to mount the setup and pass or hit the sweet number 200 kph (approx. 120 mph).

I went ā€œdoing it NOWā€ mode and couldnā€™t wait for no EBay order (sometimes take 2-3 weeks for things to come here in Denmark šŸ‡©šŸ‡°) I couldnā€™t use the 1100kv motor, because of the motor mount. I therefor bought a Spektrum Firma 1250kv motor and the 50 serie sliding motor mount from my local hobby shop. Threw it in together with a 1:1 gearing saying 34/34.

Went out exited and gave it a good run. Had to laugh for myself when I looked at the GPS - cause I ran the exact same speed as with the other setup (104 mph) Couldnā€™t it just have given me at least 1 mph more! Or less - 1 kph more šŸ˜…

Have to say - it ran smoother and MUCH more cooler than the other setup of course. But what am I to do?

I am very frustrated and Iā€™m suffering a big defeat here.. This Limitless is on the edge to be going on the shelf at home - or the shame hook.

Is there some of you guys who can give me some magic wisdom on what to do - gladly with this setup? Is it not the correct gearing or why am I so slow with this one. People are beating this on 3S šŸ˜‚

Thanks a lot in advance..

151B2523-0182-4BC2-90E4-C011B67E246B.jpeg

So, for comparison, I hit 112mph on 6S 34/34 gearing with a 1650KV motor in my Infraction V2 GT build. I think with a longer road 115-118mph should be in the cards. Take into consideration that the Limitless has 3.307 ratio differentials while the V2 Infraction has 2.8 ratio diffs giving it longer legs. The way I see it, you'll either need a bigger pinion or smaller spool gear if 120mph is what you're aiming for. It's also possible that you're being bottlenecked by the 200A limit of your ESC, but I have no experience speed running with HW ESCs so, take that with a pinch of salt.

def need to gear up with a 1250 motor.

Haha your reply alone made me smile šŸ˜„ Never had in mind to use bigger pinion than spur. Now Iā€™m gonna give it a go! So next up for me in Europe is to find a spur bigger than 30 teeth - to fit a small 5mm shaft šŸ˜… Iā€™m on it though.. Thanks

I'm running 50/27 with 1460kv....the new powerhobby gears are good.i would honestly go with 36t..hobbywing max5 will shut down if ya go to tall with gearing.really need a castle esc for Good #'s

20220521_154434.jpg

Not sure your purchasing options in DENMARK,but these powerhobby gears are everywhere right now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220522-063448_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-063448_eBay.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Spekrum / hobbywing ESC's won't let you pass the 200kph with a 1/7 scale because of amp draw protection.
Both 1100/1250 kv need big pinions and small spurs with the standard limitless diff-ratio. A decent higher kv 40mm motor, like 4092-2000kv will likely make you hit the max of the esc easier (max amp draw or max rpm).

Speed is addictive, once you breach that 200kph you don't wanna stop. So be prepared, order a castle XLX2 and ton's of 5/8mm gears. Then you can really open up the potential of any motor you have at your disposal. At some point after other concerns start like tires, shafts and batteries ;)

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m stuck! At a ā€œlowā€ speed compared to what many of you guys hit..

I ran 104 mph with a 6s Spektrum V5 combo (29/34 gearing) that I stole from a Typhon.

For a long time Iā€™ve had a Max5 combo and a EZRUN 5687 1100kv motor laying around. The other day I decided that I was time to mount the setup and pass or hit the sweet number 200 kph (approx. 120 mph).

I went ā€œdoing it NOWā€ mode and couldnā€™t wait for no EBay order (sometimes take 2-3 weeks for things to come here in Denmark šŸ‡©šŸ‡°) I couldnā€™t use the 1100kv motor, because of the motor mount. I therefor bought a Spektrum Firma 1250kv motor and the 50 serie sliding motor mount from my local hobby shop. Threw it in together with a 1:1 gearing saying 34/34.

Went out exited and gave it a good run. Had to laugh for myself when I looked at the GPS - cause I ran the exact same speed as with the other setup (104 mph) Couldnā€™t it just have given me at least 1 mph more! Or less - 1 kph more šŸ˜…

Have to say - it ran smoother and MUCH more cooler than the other setup of course. But what am I to do?

I am very frustrated and Iā€™m suffering a big defeat here.. This Limitless is on the edge to be going on the shelf at home - or the shame hook.

Is there some of you guys who can give me some magic wisdom on what to do - gladly with this setup? Is it not the correct gearing or why am I so slow with this one. People are beating this on 3S šŸ˜‚

Thanks a lot in advance..

View attachment 218877
Not sure if youā€™ve done it since the photo was taken, but trimming your front and rear spoilers will definitely help. Iā€™d try 2 notches at a time so you can feel it out. Car will be progressively less planted the more you trim.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back