Infraction Limitless basher motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCF041206

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I want to build a limitless basher that has a lot of torque. I want it to have a 1/5 scale motor. My first option is a tp power 5660 1460kv 8s motor but tp power doesn’t do shipment to Colombia and i can’t get one here. what would you do because i really want that motor and if you know where they sell it that do international shipment is really helpful. Anyway, what 1/5 motor would you recommend for this application ? I will use the castle mmx8s for the esc. thanks in advice.

this hobbie doesn’t exist here in colombia. I cant get anything here and the only thing they have are first generation traxxas to radios of the 1990’s. Anything that i get is for amazon or online

Mini thrusters. Saw a video that made 130+mph on short road
Also increase voltage and if your skilled give it a nitro engine as electric are famously good at low end acc but low top speed. So go hybrid. Also while your add it ad a electric supercharger and twin turbo system to get all range boost. Infact you night as well give one of those boost systems to each of the jet thrusters as well. Post speed run once finished.

i t
Also increase voltage and if your skilled give it a nitro engine as electric are famously good at low end acc but low top speed. So go hybrid. Also while your add it ad a electric supercharger and twin turbo system to get all range boost. Infact you night as well give one of those boost systems to each of the jet thrusters as well. Post speed run once finished.
OMFG. I don't KNOW IF I COULD DO THAT. That is pretty amazing but i could never do that . I haven’t got neither the money, experience and knowledge that project needs. I only want a beautiful electric RCF basher with high torque and if i can 100+ mph capable but I don’t think that’s possible in my roads. I want an acceleration monster

i t

OMFG. I don't KNOW IF I COULD DO THAT. That is pretty amazing but i could never do that . I haven’t got neither the money, experience and knowledge that project needs. I only want a beautiful electric RCF basher with high torque and if i can 100+ mph capable but I don’t think that’s possible in my roads. I want an acceleration monster
Honestly man I don't even know if half this stuff will work (hybrid, voltage).
I'm using a gearhead though process on an rc car

I was thinking you should start a company and be the most innovative RC company ever with thrusterjets and hybrid systems???. Even tho you seem pretty knowledgeable
Could get a castle 1717 as it is 8s and castle is pretty easy to get

this hobbie doesn’t exist here in colombia. I cant get anything here and the only thing they have are first generation traxxas to radios of the 1990’s. Anything that i get is for amazon or online
I run a Hobbystar 4585 (1580kv) in my infraction with a 50T center diff from the Arrma 6s line and 22T pinion and it runs decently cool and plenty of torque on 6s. My setup is balanced for parking lot bashing/drifting and speed (I hit 66mph running this gearing on 6s). I picked this motor because it's size is between 1/8 and 1/5 scale, can run 8s, and best of all it fits in the Infraction/limitless with the stock motor mount and mounting location so I didn't need to modify anything to mount it. Also the Kraton 8s heatsink fits it, I got that and some dual 30mm fans and it's working great for me.

They have the Rocket brand version of it on eBay and it ships from China so if you can get stuff on eBay shipped from China then it might be worth consideration.

20200818_144315.jpg

Here's something you could try:

Ttpower1/5 motor

Body that covers wheels (or at least llis more streamline not more down force. Ask around forum for specific body.

Sticky tyres if poss (regular slicks are okay)(yes I spell tyres with a y)

Lightweight as poss( if limitless budget (eh ehhhh) make as may thing carbon fiber.) If limited budget. Thinner body. Thin wheel construction ect. Keeps metals metal.

@CameronCodes what is all this you're talking about ???

Unless I am confused but idk wtf your going on about when the OP just asked for motor recommendations he find that could be shipped to Colombia. You're just saying whatever comes into your head it seems and none of it has to do with his question.

@CameronCodes what is all this you're talking about ???

Unless I am confused but idk wtf your going on about when the OP just asked for motor recommendations he find that could be shipped to Colombia. You're just saying whatever comes into your head it seems and none of it has to do with his question.
thanks for clearing it up. I am asking for an easy to get motor that is preferably 1/5 scale capable of 8s and is available in the big online stores like amazon that do shipment here

Oh..I'm so sorry man I thought that he just wanted upgrades in general. I didn't know that he wanted only motor rec. Rcf. I'm truly sorry for confusing you with all of that stuff. I don't know much about cars ( and even less about rc cars) but I an the biggest enthusiast.l, so I tend to get carried away. Again I'm sorry and I'll try to do better In the future.

I recommend a ttpower motor. I'm not sure if it's the best of if it ships, but I saw a video of a guy with limitless and the motor (size of coke can) made it go 155+

thanks for clearing it up. I am asking for an easy to get motor that is preferably 1/5 scale capable of 8s and is available in the big online stores like amazon that do shipment here
Does it need to fit in the stock motor location? Some folks run big motors in the Infraction/Limitless by turning the motor mount 180° and removing one of the battery trays, while guys like me want to keep using the stock motor mount location.

If you don't care about turning the motor mount around and losing a battery tray then your options will be better.

Oh..I'm so sorry man I thought that he just wanted upgrades in general. I didn't know that he wanted only motor rec. Rcf. I'm truly sorry for confusing you with all of that stuff. I don't know much about cars ( and even less about rc cars) but I an the biggest enthusiast.l, so I tend to get carried away. Again I'm sorry and I'll try to do better In the future.

I recommend a ttpower motor. I'm not sure if it's the best of if it ships, but I saw a video of a guy with limitless and the motor (size of coke can) made it go 155+
Also recommend Maxx amps batteries. As they have most mahs

I was thinking you should start a company and be the most innovative RC company ever with thrusterjets and hybrid systems???. Even tho you seem pretty knowledgeable
Could get a castle 1717 as it is 8s and castle is pretty easy to get
The Castle 1717 looks like it should fit the stock motor mount location. It's size in millimeters looks to be the same size as the 4585 I was recommending. If you can get Castle motors no problem then it would be a solid choice and it would go nicely with the MMX8S you already have.

Screenshot_20200818-152246_Chrome.jpg

The Castle 1717 looks like it should fit the stock motor mount location. It's size in millimeters looks to be the same size as the 4585 I was recommending. If you can get Castle motors no problem then it would be a solid choice and it would go nicely with the MMX8S you already have.

View attachment 95163
56,000 rpm. That almost as much as a rx7 rotary.?:love:

Also recommend Maxx amps batteries. As they have most mahs
Those have been proven to literally be the worst batteries on the market.

LiPo ONE YEAR TESTING SUMMARY.jpg

56,000 rpm. That almost as much as a rx7 rotary.?:love:
The highest I have ever spun a 13b rotary was 11k rpm. They don't like much beyond that even with modified ports.

thanks for all the ideas. And its ok Cameron i think you were confused thinking about the rotary’s amazing zound. Imagine an Rc car with the Sound of a 747b. That would be the coolest thing ever ???. I’m going to try the most to get the tp motor and if not i will go with the 1717 cause it seems the second best option for what i want to do. Again, thanks for everyones help.
Do you think a limitless v2 is coming ?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back