Limitless Limitless Battery location and esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malice

Doing all kinds of messed up stuff.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
@jondilly1974 coerced me into running 8s against my will in my limitless. I have reinstalled the second battery tray, but now i feel I have to cram this Castle MMX 8S into the default location. I really want to put it elsewhere and or trim / remove the original esc tray. I'm not sure how much room I will gain. I'm not keen on mounting the esc high up on the center brace. This is a parking lot thrasher and I'm sure at some point it will land upside down.. How and where are you guys running dual battery trays mounting your MMX 8S ESCs?

@jondilly1974 coerced me into running 8s against my will in my limitless. I have reinstalled the second battery tray, but now i feel I have to cram this Castle MMX 8S into the default location. I really want to put it elsewhere and or trim / remove the original esc tray. I'm not sure how much room I will gain. I'm not keen on mounting the esc high up on the center brace. This is a parking lot thrasher and I'm sure at some point it will land upside down.. How and where are you guys running dual battery trays mounting your MMX 8S ESCs?
How did I possibly get the blame here ???‍♂️

There are center chassis braces on eBay that have space to mount the esc in the middle. It's what I see people using when they want to keep both trays and need more room for a larger esc.

Screenshot_20200826-205248_eBay.jpg

This center brace is the best option for you. I do have this configuration into my limitless and it is offering a huge options and alternatives. Go ahead do not hesitate

2 recommendations works for me. Ill grab one off eBay here shortly. Thanks to each and everyone who offered their advice. Much appreciated.

Ive settled on this for now. If i find myself wanting a brace like the one on ebay, I'll just make one. It'll probably take me less than an hour and I won't have to wait for it to be shipped! It's a nice looking brace. I would buy the red one though I'm going to see if it is anodized or just painted. It if's anodized and I hate my current setup, i'll grab it.

20200827_165313.jpg

Is there not a way to hack up the factory ESC tray and receiver box leaving only the servo mount?
I'd think that would leave plenty of space...

I need to buy a limitless one of these days...
Affirmative, Alza rc razing has this option https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/limitless/158-limitless-servo-tray-plus.html. Yes Some more space but nothing extraordinary! What I did to gain more space I removed the stock battery tray and replace it with a basis tray see some pictures for your reference

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back