Limitless build problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellraiser79

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
This is my first electric build and I'm stuck. I'm installing a 2028 800 kv and xlx2 in my limitless. The problem is how do you mount the esc? I ordered the tower brace but it hits the motor and the batteries. So I'm open to suggestions?

20210822_123655.jpg

20210822_123707.jpg

Can you turn the brace around?
Or it’s made for the motor mount the stock way.
Also there’s this new (ish) raz build video to check out options
No you can't turn it around. Im left scratching my head at this point....

Attachments

• 20210822_135208.jpg
    20210822_135208.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210822_135225.jpg
    20210822_135225.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 51
There's a few ways to mount it, from trimming the front part of your battery tray on the reciever box side and mounting it up against the reciever box. Another is behind the motor but then you only have one battery tray for both packs on the opposite side. Or I have a similar mount to yours but it is different and fits barely with adding longer body posts in the rear but that's also with the 1717 in stock location so not sure the 2028 would allow the same fitment. And lastly I've seen center diff cover mount as well. Browse through some of the Limitless build threads for some more help and here is mine mounted on a similar mount, but again not with the 2028 motor and I had to use little longer rear posts.
IMG_20210822_115634229.jpg
IMG_20210822_115644016.jpg

There's a few ways to mount it, from trimming the front part of your battery tray on the reciever box side and mounting it up against the reciever box. Another is behind the motor but then you only have one battery tray for both packs on the opposite side. Or I have a similar mount to yours but it is different and fits barely with adding longer body posts in the rear but that's also with the 1717 in stock location so not sure the 2028 would allow the same fitment. And lastly I've seen center diff cover mount as well. Browse through some of the Limitless build threads for some more help and here is mine mounted on a similar mount, but again not with the 2028 motor and I had to use little longer rear posts.
View attachment 165289View attachment 165290
I have both batteries on one side.

20210812_165114.jpg

Does it clear the body sitting there now? If so awesome problem solved, otherwise like I said put it right behind the 2028 with some dual lock or 3m extreme double sided mounting tape 👍

If you are going for peak speeds reduced wire length helps quite a bit.
Lately we are seeing more people turn the esc on its side and mount it behind the motor or beside the motor.

Example from Peter Dirks 190mph limitless GT
Short wiring Capture.JPG

If you are going for peak speeds reduced wire length helps quite a bit.
Lately we are seeing more people turn the esc on its side and mount it behind the motor or beside the motor.

Example from Peter Dirks 190mph limitless GT
View attachment 165422
Crazy too I didn't realize until I seen a Facebook post he made, he's been running stock center shafts this whole time🤯 I mean I ran mine for my best PB of 138mph but damn up to 190mph that's insane😱

Crazy too I didn't realize until I seen a Facebook post he made, he's been running stock center shafts this whole time🤯 I mean I ran mine for my best PB of 138mph but damn up to 190mph that's insane😱
Yep I agree, almost hard to believe given how bad those shafts are...

Yep I agree, almost hard to believe given how bad those shafts are...
Ya I could not believe that when I seen his post 🤯 for sure would have thought he has aftermarket spool and shafts but nope all stock😱

Maybe I misread this, but 190 with stock rear shaft? Nah. I don't believe that. Sorry. Prove me wrong? IDK. Maybe 190KPH, not in MPH.
Even Raz would be scratchin his head? Raz discussed the driveline limits even with upgrade shafts.

Maybe I misread this, but 190 with stock rear shaft? Nah. I don't believe that. Sorry. Prove me wrong? IDK. Maybe 190KPH, not in MPH.
Even Raz would be scratchin his head? Raz discussed the driveline limits even with upgrade shafts.
I agree but ya he has plenty of videos of his runs and pics on Facebook etc. He just recently broke the stock spool cup I believe so now he's going to something aftermarket but yes he's been running stock center drivetrain this hole time supposedly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back