Limitless build problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give him credit. (y)
If I was to consider pushing those numbers, I would be afraid to have a stocker spool and rear shaft give out at those speeds. Just asking for $$trouble$$. Many have done this. And many of us have learned to not do that. But hey...

Damn, it did not work. I would have to cut the top of the body to get it to fit. Then if it flips.....bad news.
Ugh...

Attachments

• 20210823_162415.jpg
    20210823_162415.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210823_162427.jpg
    20210823_162427.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 37
I've had that issue before. The problem is those center brace esc mount trays aren't meant for 1/5 motors.. You could get around that by using a brace just like what you have, but meant for an older XLX.. On those, the tray that holds the esc attaches to the brace with two bolts that go in the center of the brace.. you can remove the tray, drill two new holes in it offset a half inch to the left, then remount using the new holes and now there is room for the big motor. This works well if you do it carefully and allow enough room for the big motor. As you have seen, putting a big esc like the xlx2 on a center brace will give you problems with mounting the stock body, did you raise the body posts? If you go two holes up on the rear posts and one hole up on the front post, the stock body may fit.
Another option is to add carbon side skirts to the chassis that screw on and are secure.. Then mount esc on the chassis using part of side skirt. Use strong hook and loop fastener

I've had that issue before. The problem is those center brace esc mount trays aren't meant for 1/5 motors.. You could get around that by using a brace just like what you have, but meant for an older XLX.. On those, the tray that holds the esc attaches to the brace with two bolts that go in the center of the brace.. you can remove the tray, drill two new holes in it offset a half inch to the left, then remount using the new holes and now there is room for the big motor. This works well if you do it carefully and allow enough room for the big motor. As you have seen, putting a big esc like the xlx2 on a center brace will give you problems with mounting the stock body, did you raise the body posts? If you go two holes up on the rear posts and one hole up on the front post, the stock body may fit.
Another option is to add carbon side skirts to the chassis that screw on and are secure.. Then mount esc on the chassis using part of side skirt. Use strong hook and loop fastener
Yeah I tried raising the body and it is still not enough. That's the best advice I've had, only problem is the batteries are just as big. I think I'm kind of screwed unless they make a taller aftermarket body?

Thank you, I ended up changing to smaller batteries. It was the only way, I might have to cut a bit of the body though.
That sucks man I'd try to raise the body with longer rear posts first before hacking into the body as hole in the body will just cause it to parachute and blow over.

That sucks man I'd try to raise the body with longer rear posts first before hacking into the body as hole in the body will just cause it to parachute and blow over.
Good idea, the limitless comes with some pretty long post too. So it should work, might look a little jacked but as long as it fits!

Good idea, the limitless comes with some pretty long post too. So it should work, might look a little jacked but as long as it fits!
Ya that's what I had to do is use longer posts and raise rear up about 2 holes from the stock post length. So far haven't noticed a huge difference maybe a hair less down force in the rear but just ran a 137mph pass today and it stayed planted just fine even being all over the road. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CS9-Baul3oU/?utm_medium=copy_link

Ya that's what I had to do is use longer posts and raise rear up about 2 holes from the stock post length. So far haven't noticed a huge difference maybe a hair less down force in the rear but just ran a 137mph pass today and it stayed planted just fine even being all over the road. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CS9-Baul3oU/?utm_medium=copy_link
Bro that was sick as hell!!!! Yeah I'm afraid I'd have to move it a little higher than two holes. I'm just trying to hit a 100mph. I've got 34/34 gearing. I was able to hit 91 in my felony and about the same with my xo1. So felt it was time to build one.

Bro that was sick as hell!!!! Yeah I'm afraid I'd have to move it a little higher than two holes. I'm just trying to hit a 100mph. I've got 34/34 gearing. I was able to hit 91 in my felony and about the same with my xo1. So felt it was time to build one.
Thanks! Ya this was running 34/34 today on 8s with XLX2 and 1717 1650kv👍 if I'd have gotten a better pass and stayed on throttle longer would have seen 140 damn it.

I thought the Limitless came with optional longer body posts in a plastic bag, did you end up using those or moving the ESC tray over..
What I did when I was at that point was to mount the ESC and batteries on the left side of the chassis using an SFR Carbon tray, that bolts directly to the chassis but slightly raised for battery straps. It’s expensive but it opens up different mounting options for the XLX2 and batteries without having to use the center chassis brace as a mount. Mine is pictured.
You could also switch to a GT body with a higher roofline that will easily accommodate the ESC and big batteries.. Any of the Delta Plastik 1/7 bodies will work

0EB49E7E-A317-43E6-9645-CC43E5DB37A0.png

I thought the Limitless came with optional longer body posts in a plastic bag, did you end up using those or moving the ESC tray over..
What I did when I was at that point was to mount the ESC and batteries on the left side of the chassis using an SFR Carbon tray, that bolts directly to the chassis but slightly raised for battery straps. It’s expensive but it opens up different mounting options for the XLX2 and batteries without having to use the center chassis brace as a mount. Mine is pictured.
You could also switch to a GT body with a higher roofline that will easily accommodate the ESC and big batteries.. Any of the Delta Plastik 1/7 bodies will work

View attachment 165612
That is clean my friend.
That is clean my friend.
I think I'm going to use the extra long ones. I think it should fit now. I'm a little worried how much space the esc has for air flow though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back