Limitless Build. What do you guys think of this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradathur1989

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so i am in the process of building a 8s limitless build. Will be doing speed runs with it. These items are what i am looking at getting for the build. Just curious what opinions you have on these items. What would you do differently / add / remove. Thanks!
1641268178615.png

Never run 8S with HV batteries (charged as HV)
Unsure what does HV mean in this context?
I have the same motor esc combo in my E Revo it really goes lol
I'd look at cnhl lipos.will need premium packs....
70c an 90c are speedd favorites
These are at 120C. Is that not better?
don’t forget to order bigger bullets for the motor and QS8 or equivalent for the batteries
Do you mean for the ESC? Anti Spark connections correct?

Don't recommend those HV hi-voltage packs.go with 2 14.8 volt packs.the c-ratings are never correct.many speedrunners only go with turnigy,cnhl,smc,

Unsure what does HV mean in this context?

These are at 120C. Is that not better?

Do you mean for the ESC? Anti Spark connections correct?
Bullets for motor if you’re gonna use an XLX2

QS8 or other (doesn’t have to be anti spark though I prefer) for ESC. Follow Castle directions. No IC5 with the XLX2 - not designed for that amount of current.

On batteries there’s some real world tests floating around of C ratings. Would refer to that when choosing.

Bullets for motor if you’re gonna use an XLX2

QS8 or other (doesn’t have to be anti spark though I prefer) for ESC. Follow Castle directions. No IC5 with the XLX2 - not designed for that amount of current.

On batteries there’s some real world tests floating around of C ratings. Would refer to that when choosing.
Ahh i see, i am fairly new to the RC world so didnt think about the bullet. I will look into that. Thanks so much
Don't recommend those HV hi-voltage packs.go with 2 14.8 volt packs.the c-ratings are never correct.many speedrunners only go with turnigy,cnhl,smc,
Would you think something like this would be good?
1641350770847.png

Last edited:
Ahh i see, i am fairly new to the RC world so didnt think about the bullet. I will look into that. Thanks so much

Would you think something like this would be good? View attachment 190502
Yes great packs,they had a sale gonna on..sign up on there website an you'll get deals

Screenshot_20220104-213706_Chrome.jpg

I'd advise starting out on 6s....this is a great deal on these.also order them with qs8 plugs....you'll want QS8's

Would you think something like this would be good? View attachment 190502
This 9500mAh pack is 1 of the Best

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220104-213904_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220104-213904_Chrome.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I am unsure if big 9000+ Ah batteries will fit properly under the limitless body tbh.
1717 motor will allow you to run the standard configuration with the battery trays

I use the CNHL 6200 Ah myself (and the CNHL 6000 G+)

ps. HV batteries are capable of running a slightly higher voltage per cell +0.15v, but when not specifically charged like that the charger will just treat them as a normal battery. ESC's do not like to be overvolted, definately the caps will pop beyond 8S (33.6v)

Looks like the guys have got you going in the right direction.
You may also want to look at GRP S1 tires or BSR 1/8 foams (xx pink or purple compounds) The original Hoons tires are a little slippery and may result in crashes.

Additionally people have issues with the long rear center dog bone bending/flexing. The best way to fix that is using a longer spool shaft that reduces the length of that rear dog bone.

Examples of such a product:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124972937240?hash=item1d18f7b018:g:MEEAAOSwEdxhlinS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373779404786?hash=item5706fd17f2:g:3NwAAOSw7wxhgyJm

Hey guys, so i am in the process of building a 8s limitless build. Will be doing speed runs with it. These items are what i am looking at getting for the build. Just curious what opinions you have on these items. What would you do differently / add / remove. Thanks!View attachment 190290
Be very patient and do all the maths before ordering parts. Don’t order parts before you know how they’ll fit. If you end up placing both batteries on one side of this car, be sure to research the battery sizes and how the body will fit.

You will run into issues but just be patient and the solutions will come to you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back