Limitless electronics suggestions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Limitless arrival.
I checked with a LHS here in the UK that had stated the 12th Sept, ...the date has now changed to the 19th Sept. Hhhmmm. :unsure: ;)
I was in ours yesterday and they have 2 in stock. Was surprised they haven't sold already.

I was in ours yesterday and they have 2 in stock. Was surprised they haven't sold already.
Where was that? UK, USA or other?

It's definitely a more niche item I think, being a speed orientated roller chassis, even than the Infraction which is RTR so that's maybe why they were still there or just nobody has noticed they're there yet. ;) Plenty of demand for the Limitless I think.

Where was that? UK, USA or other?

It's definitely a more niche item I think, being a speed orientated roller chassis, even than the Infraction which is RTR so that's maybe why they were still there or just nobody has noticed they're there yet. ;) Plenty of demand for the Limitless I think.

I'm in the US, down in Texas. I suspect they'll sell this weekend, I know there's a lot of peeps eager to get em. Most of my parts are in, looking forward to building it!

Update my LHS has two Limitless’s delivered today and ones gone already (I’m U.K. based)

I guess the other one is yours?(y)

Actually no I didn’t take it!

Amazing bit of kit but my Typhon is pretty much evolving into a road racer, which I haven’t even started building properly yet.

Have my eye on a couple of kits (ET48 or XT8E) so that’s one thing holding me back the second is I do really think Arrma missed a vital point with the Limitless!

They obviously did their research and have designed it to be a roller we can put what we like in and plus or clearly aimed for speed yet they limited the motor length to around ~90mm you might be able to squeeze in a TPP 4060 at 92mm but no 100mm can is going in the stock location (yet)

You can flip the motor mount but the idea on the split batteries was to keep weight even and low.

In my mind we need batteries either side, ESC one side, servo and Rx the other and then the motor fitted directly above the drive line a bit like Saga does. Obviously that will need some working around for gearing clearance but sure it can be done.

The Arrma OE design of saddle pack batteries (split) is implemented well. I agree that the motors length Is a critical factor for determining selection with this setup..
I would rather keep the Saddle set up and work around the motor size limitation. Better chassis weight bias can be maintained. But there has been success by many with doing a flip and reverse side of the motor/mount for very long motor cans and keeping the battery on the left side, for dedicated Record Speed run setups. A great option not usually found on chassis/kits. +1 Arrma.(y)
A Cross Weight Chassis Digital Scale is what I use to set up my on road cars. Weights placed appropriately can balance out a rig effectively using this type of scale. But whether Saddle or Single side battery set is preferred, you always need to fine tune your chassis weight bias. IMO. Maintaining the saddle setup will probably reduce cross weight imbalance requiring less add on weights. But the weight of the selected motor, ESC and battery will ultimately determine your bias. And the less weight you have to add for bias/cross weight balancing, the better.(y)
Adjusting weight bias is just one tuning option for accurate tracking and stability control at sustained high speeds..
20190905_105636.jpg

In the picture above, front /rear bias is acceptable at 48/52%, however the cross weight bias is not. It should be much closer to 50/50%. IMO. It is way off, and drives like it is too. (unpredictabel steering) But that can be worked out with ballast weight placement. The above measurement is in grams for better accuracy. However it can be set for oz.
For reference, the above is a Team Associated TC3 4x4 locked front to rear with ball differentials at each end. It is weighing in at 3lbs.(1368gr.) exactly with 2S lipo battery in place. (gensacearespammers 5000mah 50C 1P)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back