Limitless electronics suggestions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithguyaz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
hello everyone! Anybody have any suggestions for ESC/motor combo for the Limitless? I would be looking for speed runs, and this might be my next Arrma. I'd like to start pricing things out. Thanks in advance!!

TP 4070 is the motor most have in mind. I think most are thinking an XLX but there’s fitment issues. BL5 or Max6 has also been discussed.

I already picked my Limitless setup.

-HW XR8 Plus/ 1900Kv sensored combo. Have it my TeknoMT. Never reached thermal. LVC is adjustable. Has timing adjustments, BEC voltage adjustments and all the setup parameters using my HW WIFI adapter and its App. The esc has data log memory to analyze the running statistics for every lipo cycle. Temps, rpm run time, voltage ranges etc. Doesn't appear to be popular with many. Not much talk about it. But I would buy another one in a heartbeat. My Tekno is a rocket ship. I could only imagine in the Limitless. I like sensored because you have timing control over the motor giving you a wider torque range compared to a non-sensored. The data log showed 51,000 peak RPM's when it was new, running 6S. That's well over advertised specs for this 1900kv motor. As the motor bearings wear-in you see your peaks drop a bit.
By far not the cheapest alternative. The BLX185/BLX 2050kv seems to be the affordable setup. Fine for my Kraton, OC, and Noto.

-AVC SRS6000 Rx (gyro) to go with my DX5C.

-El cheapo FanModel 25KG WP coreless Dig. servo I have a new one here in box. Can't kill it in my Kraton. Just fine for the Limitless.

Now I just need the Limitless. Dam I am frustrated.:cry:

Last edited:
I already picked my Limitless setup.

-HW XR8 Plus/ 1900Kv sensored combo. Have it my TeknoMT. Never reached thermal. LVC is adjustable. Has timing adjustments, BEC voltage adjustments and all the setup parameters using my HW WIFI adapter and its App. The esc has data log memory to analyze the running statistics for every lipo cycle. Temps, rpm run time, voltage ranges etc. Doesn't appear to be popular with many. Not much talk about it. But I would buy another one in a heartbeat. My Tekno is a rocket ship. I could only imagine in the Limitless. I like sensored because you have timing control over the motor giving you a wider torque range compared to a non-sensored. The data log showed 51,000 peak RPM's when it was new, running 6S. That's well over advertised specs for this 1900kv motor. As the motor bearings wear-in you see your peaks drop a bit.
By far not the cheapest alternative. The BLX185/BLX 2050kv seems to be the affordable setup. Fine for my Kraton, OC, and Noto.

-AVC SRS6000 Rx (gyro) to go with my DX5C.

-El cheapo FanModel 25KG WP coreless Dig. servo I have a new one here in box. Can't kill it in my Kraton. Just fine for the Limitless.

Now I just need the Limitless. Dam I am frustrated.:cry:
Thank you for all of the info! I will certainly look into this! I have neither the electronics nor the Limitless yet, so you are way far ahead of me! :)
TP 4070 is the motor most have in mind. I think most are thinking an XLX but there’s fitment issues. BL5 or Max6 has also been discussed.
Thank you for the suggestion, time to start pricing! :)

Thank you for all of the info! I will certainly look into this! I have neither the electronics nor the Limitless yet, so you are way far ahead of me! :)
All I have is the servo.… with the way things are the Limitless seems like a Ghost that never will appear. Pulling the plug on the esc/motor and RX ($300.+) is useless if I don't have the the Limitless in my hands first.:) That may happen months from now. Who knows?

Last edited:
If I picked up an infraction I would change the motor mount and orientation, ditch the second battery tray, install a tp 4070cm 2200kv, killmode cap pack, and castle xlx.

More deandozing ?

I haven’t even finished my typhon GT8LE yet ?

Innovationrc video 4:43

@Jerry-rigged i run my Kraton and parking lot bash with tp 4070cm 2200kv

Incredible consistent speeds of 130+mph. I'm speechless. Nice work.(y)

Or stay away from high kv motors I like tp power motors 4070 and i have the Fastest Limitless at 148mph . but i went 130 on a 4050 can.

I’m putting a 4250 (2100kv) off an MMX in my Typhon!

And now looking to spec an XLX and 4070 in a Limitless, not set on spec yet but was thinking maybe CM spec at 2950 or 3200kv

I wish I had my Limitless. I cant speak much about it until.:(
Not much of an armchair quarterback kind of guy.

1 Limitless arrives in Metro DC area next week if anyone is interested. ;)

What truck is it going to fall off of as is drives by ???:ROFLMAO: I want t be there when it falls off the this truck. (y)
Trust you me, it is was sold to someone already.:LOL:
Amain still taking pre-orders for Sept 19th shipping. Last I spoke to Amain, there were more than 200 preorders. That's probably more than doubled right now.:LOL:
Horizon stating Backorder through Mid Sept. Accepting B/O purchases.

Last edited:
Yup, I'd say Arrma has a big hit on their hands A+ They are probably trying to reconfigure their manufacturing processes as we speek, in an effort to crank out more. Gotta make hay while the sun shines!:)

Local shop called today, mines in!! Now I gotta get all the electronics here in a hurry!
Are you talking about the Limitless being in your LHS? How can that be????? I am jealous again.:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I had pre-ordered it, got it in my hands now! It looks even better in person!

Attachments

• 20190827_191740.jpg
    20190827_191740.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 70
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back