Limitless Limitless engine won’t move over enough

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green98tj

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vorteks
Hello, I just bought a limitless and no matter how big a gear I put on the motor it won’t move over enough to engage the gear on the driveshaft. I can see that the engine mount slide is fully moved as far as it will go the the center of the car. I have a felony which is very similar. Comparing the two, it seems the driveshaft gear is much smaller on the limitless than the felony. The only think I can think of is the factory put on the wrong gear on the driveshaft but that seems unlikely. Any ideas? Thanks.

You need a 27 or 28T pinion to make it mesh the standard 34T spur on the spool. Spools are made for speedrunning and like big pinions.

You can put a 46T diff in there if you wanna bash/drift like the felony. Or get a bigger 8M spur to make it fit with smaller pinions if that's your aim.

Arrma makes a 39T gear for the Limitless spool. You could get that and run smaller pinions if top speeds above 100mph are needed. I run that setup in my Infraction.

We should also address the question of what you want to do with the car.
If you plan on doing anything other speed runs making no more than 1-2 passes then you need to get the 46t diff for this from an infraction.
Otherwise you will be overheating!

If you want to speed run you have the right setup and may wan to get the 39t spool gear from Arrma as Jon mentioned above.

Arrma makes a 39T gear for the Limitless spool. You could get that and run smaller pinions if top speeds above 100mph are needed. I run that setup in my Infraction.
I'm wondering what range your pinions are. I am getting the 39 spur gear. What would be the largest you would attempt with the 39?

I'm wondering what range your pinions are. I am getting the 39 spur gear. What would be the largest you would attempt with the 39?
I'd say it depends on the setup hugely. As some motors might not handle over say 35/39 gearing and others may handle 39/39 just really depends. Also depends on the mount some mounts you could go as high as 43/39 and others may only go to 32/39.

You could potentially build up to 1:1 gearing if your electronics will allow. But you need to focus on getting used to driving it at speeds under 80 before worrying about pushing 100 or more.

What diff's you are running also makes a big difference. I just switched to the GP5 (2.8 instead of 3.308) and now 34/38 was already to much for my 1750kv TP 4060.

I made a giant lookup table containing my assortment forcing myself to think in motor to wheel ratio instead of S/P.

Gear_ratioT_spurT_pinionDiff NameDiff_ratio
3,387​
27​
46​
GP5
2,8​
3,492​
27​
39​
GP5
2,8​
3,511​
27​
38​
GP5
2,8​
3,539​
34​
46​
GP5
2,8​
3,594​
27​
34​
GP5
2,8​
3,626​
38​
46​
GP5
2,8​
3,644​
27​
32​
GP5
2,8​
3,648​
39​
46​
GP5
2,8​

The Limitless v2 comes stock with a 39t spool not a 34t ive got a limitless v2 and it's geared with the stock 39t spool with a 34t pinion I hit 121mph
The Limitless v2 comes stock with a 39t spool not a 34t ive got a limitless v2 and it's geared with the stock 39t spool with a 34t pinion I hit 121mph

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back