Limitless Limitless Firma 4074 2050kv Spektrum 150a ESC 6S 5000mAh 100C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vetteman1000

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I was thinking about buying an Arrma Limitless and putting in the same electronics that my Talion EXB has:

Spektrum 150a ESC
Firm 4074 2050 kV motor
Spektrum G2 6S 5000 mAh 100c battery
Spektrum Servo S652
Spektrum Receiver SR6110AT

Using the RC speed calculator online, https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html, and plugging in all the numbers from the stock setup on Arrma's Interactive Exploded View, I am calculating a top speed of 128mph (minus drag, gravity, wind, friction, weight, etc.) Based on the calculations that my Talion shows (72mph even though it only reaches 62mph with this setup), I am figuring about a 14% loss in speed for these variables. Using these formulas I am calculating a final speed of around 110mph.

My questions are as follows:

1) Is 100+mph a real speed to expect?
2) Can the vehicle withstand the abuse it will take at these high speeds? In other words, will the diffs, axles, etc. all hold up well?
3) Will the motor overheat using the factory pinion and spur gears of 27T / 34T respectively?
4) Has anybody tried this setup and if so, what information can you provide me with?

To be clear, my local hobby store recommends the Hobao on-road vehicles. However, when I use the same calculator and I plug in what the stock set up on the VTE is, I only come up with a top speed of 55 mph minus the different variables of weight, etc.

Please don't be bashful, I would like to know everybody's individual experiences with this setup and the temps of the motor/esc after a half-hour of use.
P.S. My Talion has never overheated once using the factory set up and I also upgraded the pinion on my Talion from a 15T to a 19T.

Are you wanting to build primarily just a speed run car? If so, I'd highly recommend against Spektrum electronics, especially the ESC. Look around, there are plenty of threads, Youtube videos, etc explaining where they fall short and giving better options for around the same $$. I get wanting to go with what you know, what you're familiar with, but if you really want to maximize performance, I think you should consider some other options.

Are you wanting to build primarily just a speed run car? If so, I'd highly recommend against Spektrum electronics, especially the ESC. Look around, there are plenty of threads, Youtube videos, etc explaining where they fall short and giving better options for around the same $$. I get wanting to go with what you know, what you're familiar with, but if you really want to maximize performance, I think you should consider some other options.
Not looking for a speed run car. Looking for a car that can go really fast but still will only use it locally. In other words, I might only run it at 50-75 mph in front of my house, but I like the idea of being able to reach 100 mph if I wanted to. Looking for an on-road vehicle since I already have the Talion for off-road. And since the Talion can achieve 62 mph regularly without any overheating problems, I figure with the weight difference the Spektrum system will work fine.
With Spektrum you're going to be limited. It's going to over heat if you go hard and or gear it up.
Please explain what you mean by being limited. If I can achieve 100 mph without any heat problems, that is not limited. If I want to go 150 or something crazy like that, then I agree with you. Also, please keep in mind, with the updated firmware, and the DX5 controller, I can see in real-time the motor and esc temps if I need to. The functionality of the Spektrum system is by far the best one I have seen yet. All the other systems like Futaba, require additional sensors and wires. With Spektrum, everything is sent back to the transmitter in real-time as if you were driving a full-size vehicle while doing mods with a laptop.

I would take out the center spool and replace it with a 46t spur and drop the pinion down to like 20t. that should get you about 70+ mph and be a lot easier on the electronics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back