Limitless Formula 1 body parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
After looking online for different noses for the Limitless, I realized there are not any companies sell anything "different".
I decided there should be an option to give more Formula 1 realism. Obviously working with plastic and not having a million dollar aerodynamics team... this wont be perfect. Also worth mentioning that my CAD skills are just OK.

I like the Limitless, and it is good as is for speed, but some of us want more realism or just a unique look. This aerodynamic level wouldn't be good for high speeds, but would be great for parking lot bashing and shelf queens.

Anyway I think this design is heading in the right direction. I will start with 3D printing, test fitting, re-designing (rinse wash repeat)..... and then may move the design over to the vacuum forming setup to mass produce.

F1 nose Capture.JPG

If you remember about a year ago, I was trying to make something similar for the Typhon 3S. At that time I was really new to 3DP and design. I didn't end up making something effective and went to a GT body instead. To print something close to this, you will likely need to chop it into pieces and glue or screw it together in post. I have an Infraction wide wing on the printer that I had to do this to. I toyed with buying a larger printer, but decided to chop one up on my smaller bed first and see how that works out before spending $800 on another printer. If I had space, I would already have bought it.

Arrma Infraction 7th Order Wide Wing.png

If you remember about a year ago, I was trying to make something similar for the Typhon 3S. At that time I was really new to 3DP and design. I didn't end up making something effective and went to a GT body instead. To print something close to this, you will likely need to chop it into pieces and glue or screw it together in post. I have an Infraction wide wing on the printer that I had to do this to. I toyed with buying a larger printer, but decided to chop one up on my smaller bed first and see how that works out before spending $800 on another printer. If I had space, I would already have bought it.

Yes your 3s front splitter/bumper/wing was very F1 like.

The end goal is to get this on the vacuum forming table. It would have to be done in multiple pieces for sure.
Most likely 3 separate pieces:
1. Airfoil elements
2. base and side plates
3. center nose

Nothing about this will be easy, that much I am sure of :ROFLMAO:

If I can’t replace in under 2 seconds I’m not interested. Jus sayin

I will probably have at least 3 versions.
One will be for speed use. I can borrow from Arrma's original design that they didn't end up going with... (darn shame as it looks to my eyes as a better design)

design.JPG

I can borrow from Arrma's original design that they didn't end up going with... (darn shame as it looks to my eyes as a better design)

View attachment 105634

That original Arrma design is way better looking than what they released..!! I would have bought that white one instantly..?

I thought this was very funny and had to share.

My wife watches a baking competition show called Nailed it! The premise is that they give the contestants who are not good bakers, a very short amount of time to make a very highly advanced cake or some sort of baked item.

Here is an example from the show. On the left the example they were given and on the right what a contestant actually did. When the contestant reveals their creation the words "Nailed it" are said, as if they did a great job?

Nailed itCapture.JPG

nailed it mamrie hart GIF

While I only threw material on the front to
get mass available to begin shaping and sculpting (not a final product) it was too funny to not share. The white color similarity kept making me think of this baking show....

Nailed IT Final.JPG

On a side note, I went back and watched the road to all road episode 3/4. I noticed they actually had another part to this design where the optional wing (clear) attached on top of this part shown above.
Limitless conceptCapture.JPG

Last edited:
I thought this was very funny and had to share.

My wife watches a baking competition show called Nailed it! The premise is that they give the contestants who are not good bakers, a very short amount of time to make a very highly advanced cake or some sort of baked item.

Here is an example from the show. On the left the example they were given and on the right what a contestant actually did. When the contestant reveals their creation the words "Nailed it" are said, as if they did a great job?

View attachment 106503

While I only threw material on the front to get mass available to begin shaping and sculpting (not a final product) it was too funny to not share. The white color similarity kept making me think of this baking show....

View attachment 106504

On a side note, I went back and watched the road to all road episode 3/4. I noticed they actually had another part to this design where the optional wing (clear) attached on top of this part shown above.
View attachment 106505
Nailed it!! ?

After several failed attempts this one is looking pretty decent.
I am constantly reminded with this process that you need a larger piece of plastic than you expect.

Capture1.PNG

Overall I am very happy with the results, but the side circled in red needs a hard line or contour of some sort to give it strength. I'll have to do some more shaping/sculpting.

Capture2.PNG

There is protective film on there which makes it look cloudy/marked lines, but peels off and reveals clear plastic.

That's an awesome job man, very impressive. And maybe covering the wheels would definitely improve aerodynamic, plus give a better customized looking to this f1 style car. I have some basic knowledge with CAD, and I tried to mod the car by myself designing 3D printed parts. I produced a brand new rear wing. The top flap is tilted by a servo through the remote controller. The front wing I don't like that much but with mobile flaps, is possible to trim a bit the downforce. By the way this is just a prototype and this is the final result. But watching the original arrma design it furtherly opened my mind. :)
IMG_20201126_104045_2.jpg

That's an awesome job man, very impressive. And maybe covering the wheels would definitely improve aerodynamic, plus give a better customized looking to this f1 style car. I have some basic knowledge with CAD, and I tried to mod the car by myself designing 3D printed parts. I produced a brand new rear wing. The top flap is tilted by a servo through the remote controller. The front wing I don't like that much but with mobile flaps, is possible to trim a bit the downforce. By the way this is just a prototype and this is the final result. But watching the original arrma design it furtherly opened my mind. :)
Very nice work there, I like the look you came up with. I may re-visit the F1 look later.
Ultimately my work always ends up being specific for speed use, which means less wings and more smooth curves for airflow management.

Very nice work there, I like the look you came up with. I may re-visit the F1 look later.
Ultimately my work always ends up being specific for speed use, which means less wings and more smooth curves for airflow management.
Thanks, I appreciate your comment. Well, I agree with you that less wings and aerodynamic appendices means less drag and more speed, but setting the wings and the flaps to zero degrees reduce the drag to the minimum, and gives the car full speed.
By the way I am a bit concerned that with no downforce at all, if the road is not perfectly regular, the limitless at very high speed can flip over.
Maybe i am wrong but that's why I prefer to have some flaps to the front as f1 cars do have.
On the other side, if we purely talk about aerodynamic on limitless, is very difficult to have huge improvements just rounding the shapes and reducing the wings surfaces. I believe the best option is to replace completely the body and convert the car into a GT. This allows to wrap the wheels but mostly cover the front suspensions, that are for sure causes of heavy turbulences.
Many top speed runners indeed, they use that kind of body for speed over 150mph+.
Told that , sorry about the little offtopic, I remark the job you are doing is awesome, and i am curios to know where it will lead to.

I will probably have at least 3 versions.
One will be for speed use. I can borrow from Arrma's original design that they didn't end up going with... (darn shame as it looks to my eyes as a better design)

View attachment 105634
I've been researching Formula E Scale Racing and this picture resembles it.
I always felt that if you cold some how acquire the scale dimensions of E. cars, you benefit from the Aero as designed above. You would be successful if you follow the competing E teams designs perfectly as could be. The Teams copy each others aero design cues. ?‍♂️
E cars have spats ahead the wheels. The Limitless is handicapped in this regard. Hence GT bodies dominating speed run with this Lim chassis. Even E cars are good for sustained speeds of 200mph. The Limitless should have better Aero than it does. Customizing them is fun, but to get real serious with speeds , Aero is usually the barrier, not the electrics. I think a body that is identical to a Formula E would be an objective.

Thanks, I appreciate your comment. Well, I agree with you that less wings and aerodynamic appendices means less drag and more speed, but setting the wings and the flaps to zero degrees reduce the drag to the minimum, and gives the car full speed.
By the way I am a bit concerned that with no downforce at all, if the road is not perfectly regular, the limitless at very high speed can flip over.
Maybe i am wrong but that's why I prefer to have some flaps to the front as f1 cars do have.
On the other side, if we purely talk about aerodynamic on limitless, is very difficult to have huge improvements just rounding the shapes and reducing the wings surfaces. I believe the best option is to replace completely the body and convert the car into a GT. This allows to wrap the wheels but mostly cover the front suspensions, that are for sure causes of heavy turbulences.
Many top speed runners indeed, they use that kind of body for speed over 150mph+.
Told that , sorry about the little offtopic, I remark the job you are doing is awesome, and i am curios to know where it will lead to.
You can check out my build threads linked under my profile. I build carbon fiber streamliner bodies for the ideal aerodyanmics.
In this case it mostly comes down to wanting a smaller product to produce than a full body for a 1/7 car. Sheets of plastic the size needed for a 1/7 scale GT body would cost me around $60 each and very easy to screw it up with the home made rig I have. For now making only the nose parts is my best option.
I can make a nose for around $10 and hoping they might sell for around 30.00?
I've been researching Formula E Scale Racing and this picture resembles it.
I always felt that if you cold some how acquire the scale dimensions of E. cars, you benefit from the Aero as designed above. You would be successful if you follow the competing E teams designs perfectly as could be. The Teams copy each others aero design cues. ?‍♂️
E cars have spats ahead the wheels. The Limitless is handicapped in this regard. Hence GT bodies dominating speed run with this Lim chassis. Even E cars are good for sustained speeds of 200mph. The Limitless should have better Aero than it does. Customizing them is fun, but to get real serious with speeds , Aero is usually the barrier, not the electrics. I think a body that is identical to a Formula E would be an objective.

I like the Formula E look, but wont be making anything that goes over the top of the tire. It does appear that I can gather some inspiration from their designs.

We see that Limitless bodies stop around 150-157 mph. GT bodies have gone a bit faster in the 160-168mph range. I honestly never thought the Limitless would go beyond 145mph when it first came out. I suspect a well designed nose can make a big difference (Close to the GT body speeds)

The current GT bodies are pretty good, but could be better. Delta makes trade offs having various body lines and curves to give the plastic strength. If they had a flat surface it would bend/deflect to much. The wind resistance is in excess of 15 lbs at those speeds. Imagine setting a 15 lbs weight on the body....

I broke my plaster nose earlier this week trying to get one of the plastic noses off of it. I plan to make a carbon fiber one to act as my positive for the mold. It will have great strength as well as being flexible to aid it getting the plastic off.

Inspiring work you have there. I have played with placing weight on the Lim. body. To check shock compression. It takes some amount of weight. The 15 pounds you state make sense. Sometimes I think its also great to focus on the below chassis negative pressure to balance out top downforce.
I think having a crossweight scale also helps dial in chassis balance. Done wrong you lose negative pressure at a certain speed threshold. Gets out of shape quick. Downforce from the body can only help so much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back