Limitless Limitless Gear Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really ? I did some research on line before I purchased it all and it seamed to be a good combo.. I've already ordered it now :-( can I just swap out the motor ? Do you have any recommendations as to what motor to run with the max6s esc

You can certainly still make that motor work. A few questions for you.
Are you planning to run on 8s?
Are you like the original post where you want to run the full battery pack without over heating, or looking for a few speed runs?

You can certainly still make that motor work. A few questions for you.
Are you planning to run on 8s?
Are you like the original post where you want to run the full battery pack without over heating, or looking for a few speed runs?

I managed to change the combo set to the max6 combo with the 4985 1650kv motor..
I would like to run on 8s but i already have 4 good 6s 6500 mah 65c lipos
I would like to see 100 mph pass, then after than id like to tone it down a little so it can be blasted round my local track

I managed to change the combo set to the max6 combo with the 4985 1650kv motor..
I would like to run on 8s but i already have 4 good 6s 6500 mah 65c lipos
I would like to see 100 mph pass, then after than id like to tone it down a little so it can be blasted round my local track
Good deal that 1650KV will be much better for what you want to do.
You could run the gearing it comes with 34t spur 27t pinion and be in the ball park of your speed goal.
Then you would want to change the spur for something larger for running cooler and full pack use.

Most guys have found running the infraction center diff or one of the 6s line center diffs (46 or 50T)
paired with a 20T pinion works well to manage heat and still go around 60mph.

Good deal that 1650KV will be much better for what you want to do.
You could run the gearing it comes with 34t spur 27t pinion and be in the ball park of your speed goal.
Then you would want to change the spur for something larger for running cooler and full pack use.

Most guys have found running the infraction center diff or one of the 6s line center diffs (46 or 50T)
paired with a 20T pinion works well to manage heat and still go around 60mph.

Thank you so much for your help ive been sat here sweating bullets wondering if i have made the right choice.. Like i said if i can make a 100mph pass i will be happy then after that ill look at the infraction center diff. do i also need the diff mounting plate or is that the same as the limitless spool mount

Thank you so much for your help ive been sat here sweating bullets wondering if i have made the right choice.. Like i said if i can make a 100mph pass i will be happy then after that ill look at the infraction center diff. do i also need the diff mounting plate or is that the same as the limitless spool mount
Same mount will work between the 2

Just bought a 160a spectrum and a 1250kv motor what would you guys recommend for a starting point on gearing for running 8s?

Just bought a 160a spectrum and a 1250kv motor what would you guys recommend for a starting point on gearing for running 8s?
Just a suggestion but if you have 6S packs I would really start there. I would say start with the stock speed pinion and work up from there. 8S is really another level. I have had nothing but issues so far. I need to max out my 6S packs before going back to 8S.

I have the same setup running spektrum 160/1250kv 8s. well not running now due to drive shaft issues. I am running 30/34. I have bashed it also untill the pack was empty and my temps were around 170f at the end. I want to go as highest I can in the pinion size. What would be max pinion on my setup for just speed runs?

I fit a 22T with a 50T center diff on my infraction with the V4 mount and can still set both hold down screws. Might be able to fit a 23T but any bigger would need a Dremel to widen the slide channel or only use 1 of the hold down screws which I personally wouldn't feel comfortable wit

I fit a 22T with a 50T center diff on my infraction with the V4 mount and can still set both hold down screws. Might be able to fit a 23T but any bigger would need a Dremel to widen the slide channel or only use 1 of the hold down screws which I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with.
What are your temps and speed with that set up ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back