Limitless Limitless - Going motor thermal in 4 minutes on MM2 and 1515 2200kv. What are my options for ESC/Motor that will fit in the "default" position?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeshandssay

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Senton 6s
Have a MM2(Traxxas Branded) from an EREVO and 2200KV motor from an EREVO setup. Running 4s is great, still thermals after 4 minutes but no issues. On 6S, the ESC de-soldered itself on a battery terminal. The "Castle" MM2 that is MUCH newer has better power posts so I MIGHT try 6S, but not until I have a new ESC waiting for me :)

I see TP Power but get so lost in the windings and what option I want.

Still running only 2 diffs. Might change that to 3 based on some feedback here.

I parking lot bash and pull a couple fast runs here and there. Not into true speed running, just want something on 6s that wont overtemp or melt anything. Running 10GA all around. Tried 8GA but honestly it's a little too thick to work with on XT90's.

I know this has been asked but I couldn't find it.

I'd LOOK at the BLX185 system, but my BLX100 system in my Senton 3S cogs so badly and has such low startup power that it can't get out of grass at a standstill - worries me that I'll have the same cogging issues on a BLX185.

IDEALLY this new motor/ESC would also be sensored... so I don't have to use my Futaba SBUS2 temperature gauge.

Thoughts?

Have a MM2(Traxxas Branded) from an EREVO and 2200KV motor from an EREVO setup. Running 4s is great, still thermals after 4 minutes but no issues. On 6S, the ESC de-soldered itself on a battery terminal. The "Castle" MM2 that is MUCH newer has better power posts so I MIGHT try 6S, but not until I have a new ESC waiting for me :)

I see TP Power but get so lost in the windings and what option I want.

Still running only 2 diffs. Might change that to 3 based on some feedback here.

I parking lot bash and pull a couple fast runs here and there. Not into true speed running, just want something on 6s that wont overtemp or melt anything. Running 10GA all around. Tried 8GA but honestly it's a little too thick to work with on XT90's.

I know this has been asked but I couldn't find it.

I'd LOOK at the BLX185 system, but my BLX100 system in my Senton 3S cogs so badly and has such low startup power that it can't get out of grass at a standstill - worries me that I'll have the same cogging issues on a BLX185.

IDEALLY this new motor/ESC would also be sensored... so I don't have to use my Futaba SBUS2 temperature gauge.

Thoughts?
Tp power 4050 2100 kv will fit in the default spot. There is a video on YouTube if someone using that motor to hit 143mph.

Tp power 4050 2100 kv will fit in the default spot. There is a video on YouTube if someone using that motor to hit 143mph.
Got it. Am confused with the Y and D windings on the TP power website - any idea what they mean?

Maybe a link to the video? Looking for a good ESC to pair it with.

Got it. Am confused with the Y and D windings on the TP power website - any idea what they mean?

Maybe a link to the video? Looking for a good ESC to pair it with.
The different windings need different motor timings on the ESC. For a Y wind you can leave it around 10 which is stock on the Castle ESC's but for a D wind you would need to change it to 0 via the Castle Link.
I currently have the MM2 and a Tp4050CM in my Infraction and I can tell you it's impossible to bash with that setup and only meant for one speed run. After each you have to let it cool down.
What gearing are you running on yours? If it's the stock 27/34 then you'd definitely have to gear down as this setup is only meant for speed runs. Just get the 46t Infraction center diff.
Because you won't find any setup that runs cool enough with that gear ratio for bashing.
Changing out the a spool to a center diff would most likely solve your heat issues. But if you still want a sensored setup. I would look into the new MMX8s or the normal MMX. And for a motor you could go with the 1515 sensored or the upcoming 1717 which should be released in the next few days :)

What’s your gearing and what’s your goals? No speed run should take 4 mins so I assume your bashing. If so, drop you pinion down or change out for the 46T or 50T center diff.

What’s your gearing and what’s your goals? No speed run should take 4 mins so I assume your bashing. If so, drop you pinion down or change out for the 46T or 50T center diff.
My gearing is stock right now. My goals are mainly bashing with some decent top end here and there. Get some heat in the tires, etc.

I have a 46T diff and 20T pinion staring at me - just need to put it together!

Thanks for all the input and sorting this out!

HOKAY - Bonus question - I'm building the Infraction Center diff - and it seems like I need different bearings for it to seat properly into the limitless diff holder? I currently have a stock spool diff from the limitless and an Infraction center diff(un-assembled)

HOKAY - Bonus question - I'm building the Infraction Center diff - and it seems like I need different bearings for it to seat properly into the limitless diff holder? I currently have a stock spool diff from the limitless and an Infraction center diff(un-assembled)
The bearings should be the same as the Limitless spool. But all Arrma V4 center diffs should have the correct bearing size :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back