Limitless gt build ,tp motor ,xlx2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the limitless all back together and ready to run. May be able to head out this evening for a couple passes. Backed down on the gearing so that hopefully the car will stop cutting out on me

ED09B792-8EEA-4B42-9955-7274E4C16C40.jpeg

Dude, that sound is just freaking epic! Nice pass man, what a cool car.
This big torquey motor sounds a lot different then my high rpm small cans. It’s cool they are have distinct sounds

This big torquey motor sounds a lot different then my high rpm small cans. It’s cool they are have distinct sounds
Awesome stuff man. Sounds a lot like an F1. Makes me look forward to next season and stretching the legs of my 5680 (y)

The torque difference is crazy between the big cans an the 40mm..I'm guessing 32000ish rpms on this run???huge pinions an small spurs😅🤣😂

First run in a couple months. Good to get this car back out again
Those speeds are truly amazing brother..I'm going for a new pb next outing with 54/29 .matched it other day...140mph will do it😅🤣😂...you run 162s without holding wot...you get-er-done-son..

Attachments

• 20220912_131344.jpg
    20220912_131344.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
The torque difference is crazy between the big cans an the 40mm..I'm guessing 32000ish rpms on this run???huge pinions an small spurs😅🤣😂

Those speeds are truly amazing brother..I'm going for a new pb next outing with 54/29 .matched it other day...140mph will do it😅🤣😂...you run 162s without holding wot...you get-er-done-son..
I’m almost running the same gearing as you, mine is 52/29

I’m almost running the same gearing as you, mine is 52/29
I'm on 6s though with 1270kv
Swb cars start getting scary for me on 6s+
I fit xlx2-5670 in swb going for some new pbz
Biggest system in swb...lol

20220912_143039.jpg

Last edited:
Long overdue update on this car:
It is getting a much needed overhaul as well, so it’s next up on the bench,
I only made 2-3 passes on the 5870 motor that’s in this car currently but from the data I’ve seen I wanted to try something a little different so I picked up a 5860 with a different kv…
So will be changing the motor.
May sell the 5870 or try it again in the future.
The body is very much destroyed and patched many times over so I may need to grab another at some point but for now I’ll run what i have

This cars also getting a new front diffuser
As well as the scorched bulkheads and a front trident shaft to complete it.
Will be posting updates when work begins once my dual build is reassembled

D0943157-378C-4742-86D3-BE7FA8BFE48E.jpeg
90627946-A676-44C2-A36E-74D3FE4F8563.jpeg

Got some progress made with this car. Should be able to run it my next time out.
Finished mounting the body and made a 3mm wide post mount setup for the rear. I had this template made for a while finally cut it out.
Retired my first ever fc100 body from this limitless for a new one I’m just about finished with. I’ll post more updates soon

E351BF43-3E7C-452B-A980-977CC338EC23.jpeg

2A8B0DAF-437D-4947-9066-8452A20E6F9B.jpeg

Got some progress made with this car. Should be able to run it my next time out.
Finished mounting the body and made a 3mm wide post mount setup for the rear. I had this template made for a while finally cut it out.
Retired my first ever fc100 body from this limitless for a new one I’m just about finished with. I’ll post more updates soon

View attachment 290340

View attachment 290341
Looks great.
Love the rear body mount.

View attachment 290861
This is the first body I have decided to leave the front lip on the body and it cut the splitter back to be flush. I do like the way it came out.

Should get a test pass tomorrow after work. Taking three cars out then
Easier to tape as well, if necessary.

View attachment 290861
This is the first body I have decided to leave the front lip on the body and it cut the splitter back to be flush. I do like the way it came out.

Should get a test pass tomorrow after work. Taking three cars out then
I prefer leaving that lower lip myself. In my mind it helps to create a transition zone from splitter to body, it adds an extra fold of structural integrity to the front and, as I recently discovered, that lip can be used as a body mount interface.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back