Limitless Limitless GT Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhmsBronco

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Talion EXB
Looking forward to the journey and the great Arrma community!

Build is with a base Limitless roller kit

Parts on order :

GT Conversion - Scorched RC
Carbon Shafts - Perfect Pass
Carbon Shock Towers - Scorched RC

Few other goodies I’m missing will update soon!

Thank you for viewing, feedback and ideas welcome!

67C8949D-AB7E-4DF8-BE04-61864DCCC267.jpeg

Last edited:
welcome to the money pit
what esc and motor are you gonna toss in it?
Hah! Can’t be worse than keeping a reptile I’m a sucker for abuse 😂

Forgot to add I have an XLX2 also coming for it, after reading on here a bit thinking a may go with the MMX8 instead as results for the XLX2 vary, and people are getting better runs from the MMX8 from the conversations on the forums. probably 100% user error or not updating firmware or something like that, which is why people have issues with the XLX2 or gearing but I guess I have some more research to do.

Also TP motors seems to be a bit more robust/durable vs castle again not from experience just from reading and doing research, so I’m leaning to a 40x motor and do some shakedown 4s & 6s runs and go from there.

Hah! Can’t be worse than keeping a reptile I’m a sucker for abuse 😂

Forgot to add I have an XLX2 also coming for it, after reading on here a bit thinking a may go with the MMX8 instead as results for the XLX2 vary, and people are getting better runs from the MMX8 from the conversations on the forums. probably 100% user error or not updating firmware or something like that, which is why people have issues with the XLX2 or gearing but I guess I have some more research to do.

Also TP motors seems to be a bit more robust/durable vs castle again not from experience just from reading and doing research, so I’m leaning to a 40x motor and do some shakedown 4s & 6s runs and go from there.
I’ll save you the trouble. Just get the XLX2. I started with the MMX8S. Now I have 2 XLX2’s. If you’re just gonna bash around then the MMX8s will be fine. If you want to get into speed running you’re going to want the XLX2.

I’ll save you the trouble. Just get the XLX2. I started with the MMX8S. Now I have 2 XLX2’s. If you’re just gonna bash around then the MMX8s will be fine. If you want to get into speed running you’re going to want the XLX2.

This build will absolutely be a speed running build

Xlx2. Is the way to go. Just my opinion
+1
I too started out with an MMX8S. Now I have three XLX2s. If you really want to push high #'s, it's pretty much in a class of one.

First of the parts to arrive!

Perfect Pass - Carbon Fiber Drive Shafts

I don’t even want to take them out of the package, solid finish end to end and the carbon weave is flawless

Update on parts coming in

SRC Rotolok Motor Mount
SRC CF Servo Mount
SRC Ackerman Plate
SRC CF Top Brace
SRC Bell Crank Bearing Upgrade
SRC Titanium Skids Front & Rear

6062AF75-B140-4239-ACF1-6D2285BFB178.jpeg

Also need some advice on tires , living in Florida would XX pink be to soft/grippy for the heat down here or are purples the way to go for BSRs ?

Gonebananas foams , I’ve seen them in a few conversations on here and on videos posted with speed runs. are they both comparable in durability/blowout speeds?

Checking in with a quick update

Hope everyone had a safe holiday and enjoyed the extended weekend with friends and family

To all veterans / active duty thank you for your service

Shipment came in Scorched RC goodie delivery!!

Decided on a TP4080CM should be coming in the next week or so

image.jpg

I haven't ran the BSR xx pinks but I ran purples almost all last season and they held up amazing for me. I'd say I put over 10 140+mph passes and lots below that and they looked almost the same as when they came out of the package. Granted I didn't have any wrecks or get sideways but they held up amazing. I'm currently running Banana skinz and they are already getting small chunks and a little wear. I've only ran a couple 94mph passes, a 125 and 128 and two 152mph passes so far on the Banana skinz. But I also have went off road at slow speed(turning around after a pass) and got a bit side ways a couple times in a small parking lot but still they have worn faster I think over the BSR purples.

image.jpg

Going to stick with the stock limitless chassis for a while till I get everything dialed in and the new motor out on some shake down runs before doing the full GT conversion, afraid I may jump into a fully modded chassis and not really notice or miss some important things so best to learn with the stock chassis

Still waiting on the motor and servo

Contemplating using the stock battery trays for a while or just tapping this chassis and putting in the SRC battery hold downs so it’s a bit cleaner

Also going to be installing the ESC and skyrc GPS soon “ hopefully “

Will update when I get some more time

Thanks for tuning in !
Also does anyone know how to remove the slack from hubs ? Shims ?
image.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 222391

Going to stick with the stock limitless chassis for a while till I get everything dialed in and the new motor out on some shake down runs before doing the full GT conversion, afraid I may jump into a fully modded chassis and not really notice or miss some important things so best to learn with the stock chassis

Contemplating using the stock battery trays for a while or just tapping this chassis and putting in the SRC battery hold downs so it’s a bit cleaner

Thanks for tuning in !
Also does anyone know how to remove the slack from hubs ? Shims ?View attachment 222392
I took a thin plastic packaging insert and drilled a bunch of 8mm holes in it with a stepped bit. I then cut thinly around the holes making a ton of plastic shims. They're not going to be as precise as standardized metal shims, but they have the advantage of cost and plasticity so, if they're a little too thick, flatten 'em a little with a hammer. Done and dusted. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy spending money on my rig as much as the next guy. But I also enjoy low tech solutions to high tech problems :)

I took a thin plastic packaging insert and drilled a bunch of 8mm holes in it with a stepped bit. I then cut thinly around the holes making a ton of plastic shims. They're not going to be as precise as standardized metal shims, but they have the advantage of cost and plasticity so, if they're a little too thick, flatten 'em a little with a hammer. Done and dusted. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy spending money on my rig as much as the next guy. But I also enjoy low tech solutions to high tech problems :)
Thank you

E4286A1B-8E3E-4D50-BDFE-ED97B64A9FA9.jpeg

I ended up just swapping over and doing the full conversion , the stock chassis was tweaked out of the box and was having some issues without the top brace being installed and the bell crank arms rubbing the front housing which I understand the vehicle should never operate without that top brace just didn’t like the chassis being tweaked without the bar , maybe it’s on purpose ?

Did some tinkering with a corner balance system from skyrc , interesting to say the least!

Probably another month or so out before she hits actual pavement hunting down quality gears right now is proving a bit of a challenge, some of the lower tooth gears from speedtek and saga are not currently available hopefully they get some more in stock soon!

Again thank you all for tuning in hope everyone had a safe weekend!

BC6DDD50-1F1B-4992-9A0A-A0AF59445B7C.jpeg

View attachment 222391

Thanks for tuning in !
Also does anyone know how to remove the slack from hubs ? Shims ?View attachment 222392
Diff shims fit behind the outer bearing perfectly. Don't take out all the movement though otherwise it might be too tight.

I haven't ran the BSR xx pinks but I ran purples almost all last season and they held up amazing for me. I'd say I put over 10 140+mph passes and lots below that and they looked almost the same as when they came out of the package. Granted I didn't have any wrecks or get sideways but they held up amazing. I'm currently running Banana skinz and they are already getting small chunks and a little wear. I've only ran a couple 94mph passes, a 125 and 128 and two 152mph passes so far on the Banana skinz. But I also have went off road at slow speed(turning around after a pass) and got a bit side ways a couple times in a small parking lot but still they have worn faster I think over the BSR purples.
I'll add to this. I've ran both also. The BSR purples before I bought a truer and the Bananas (trued down to 98mm). Wrecked with both at well over 100mph..lol. The BSR's just chunked and I was able to cut them down since I bought the truer. I'll probably run them during the test phase of my new build. The Bananas seemed to "peel" away from the rim (no pun intended) as well as chunk so I won't run them again.

I'll add to this. I've ran both also. The BSR purples before I bought a truer and the Bananas (trued down to 98mm). Wrecked with both at well over 100mph..lol. The BSR's just chunked and I was able to cut them down since I bought the truer. I'll probably run them during the test phase of my new build. The Bananas seemed to "peel" away from the rim (no pun intended) as well as chunk so I won't run them again.

I’m going to be investing in a truer or find a used one on eBay still lookin around

I ended up going with BSR since it’s what the fastest is running

I also found some SP foams for 1/8 GT on eBay from an overseas seller I remember SP being a good brand from back in the day and SH40 I think would hold up well compared to purples but to be determined

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back