Limitless Limitless GT Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m going to be investing in a truer or find a used one on eBay still lookin around

I ended up going with BSR since it’s what the fastest is running

I also found some SP foams for 1/8 GT on eBay from an overseas seller I remember SP being a good brand from back in the day and SH40 I think would hold up well compared to purples but to be determined
I use this one. Won’t break the bank. After adding the better cutting bit and 17mm adapter it was over $300. But still not bad. Out of stock now but keep an eye out.

Quick update

Everything is loosely mocked up at the moment, did a LIGHT bench break-in on the TP motor , found some gears and some lipos probably going to do some very light runs to get the suspension dialed in and everything else mounted a bit more permanently.

I picked up a tire truer so I will be working on that soon

In other news I picked up a Losi Mini T excited to bash that around with the 8200kv castle coming for it lol looks crazy fun.

2B234809-634C-412E-9BB9-097C820D292C.jpeg

Quick update

Everything is loosely mocked up at the moment, did a LIGHT bench break-in on the TP motor , found some gears and some lipos probably going to do some very light runs to get the suspension dialed in and everything else mounted a bit more permanently.

I picked up a tire truer so I will be working on that soon

In other news I picked up a Losi Mini T excited to bash that around with the 8200kv castle coming for it lol looks crazy fun.

View attachment 225557
Looks good. I have all of my xlx2 mounted like this to get my tp motor wires to plug right in.
I may have missed but what body will you run?

Looks good. I have all of my xlx2 mounted like this to get my tp motor wires to plug right in.
I may have missed but what body will you run?
I have the 2MM - FC100 Ford GT body from Ben over at Deltaplastik on the way along with another body also for my Losi Mini GT build also 2MM

Modded the original receiver tray and cut it down and dual locked it to the chassis

Also my parallel and series harnesses from offshore electric came in so I got those installed last night, everything is finally coming together.

I also have to go and change the settings for brake and timing on the esc but other than that she’s looking good 👍

image.jpg

Last edited:
09C7332C-8DB9-4F25-9322-27E7B7A801E1.jpeg

Quick update

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July

Before and after trim still have not finished just doing some passes and adjusting from there had some rubbing due to a little run in with a high curb, nothing was damaged just some paint which I’m probably going to end up repainting the shell as I didn’t like the outcome of the colors used haha

9A913863-15BE-4A50-9030-68FF12051A87.jpeg
BF609100-350A-41F2-A776-5B634AD4DD9E.jpeg

Updates have been slow due to a visit from COVID that had me messed up for about 2 months, everything is final on the build more or less , shoutout the the legend James McCoy for the tips and advice and the great community for speed running. Planning to run this on Sunday morning should have some numbers posted for the first REAL shakedown on 4s only after the build has been finished

F94C3444-E9D9-43BD-878E-7DCD3D958FDA.jpeg

888BFCE6-97B0-4C70-9D09-B7E3A75FAABC.jpeg

01C42B65-0648-4C58-8656-6E935EE5B7B9.jpeg

2E6D7686-4DA2-4C7D-8985-E19FDCE24BF4.jpeg

1C2449C8-5865-454A-8370-934BF416E815.jpeg

40AE997D-69FE-49C7-AD87-AEE1E13AFE51.jpeg

DDECE0E8-16E2-461D-9B5B-F6796D050025.jpeg

Just a suggestion for the sky gps pictured above that thing WILL go flying to whereabouts unknown in any accident if its not secured better than that one appears to be mounted. It appears to be mounted with either Velcro, dual lock, or double sided tape, all decen but a lot of us know that doesn’t hold for some reason 😂 just trying to save you $80.

Just a suggestion for the sky gps pictured above that thing WILL go flying to whereabouts unknown in any accident if its not secured better than that one appears to be mounted. It appears to be mounted with either Velcro, dual lock, or double sided tape, all decen but a lot of us know that doesn’t hold for some reason 😂 just trying to save you $80.
Oh I totally understand I’m also a firm believer in knowing if I crash it’s probably going to end in a total loss and I’m kinda OK with that lmao 🤣

Oh I totally understand I’m also a firm believer in knowing if I crash it’s probably going to end in a total loss and I’m kinda OK with that lmao 🤣
@Alan is right though. I spent an hour searching through the Everglades looking for my GPS that came in three pieces. I had a buddy 3D print me a case and drilled 2 holes through the chassis of my new build. You can kinda see it in this pic.
8B0219E4-C964-45C8-B337-E7422650B93F.jpeg

@Alan is right though. I spent an hour searching through the Everglades looking for my GPS that came in three pieces. I had a buddy 3D print me a case and drilled 2 holes through the chassis of my new build. You can kinda see it in this pic. View attachment 239895
I can see two other things in that pic I like more and one of them begins with T.

TP Motor baby!! :LOL:

This built turned out great!
I can see you did tons of research when putting it together.

Something worth noting is that people often run into issues with the stock spool and outdrive cups. The stock parts seem to have some wiggle room and often end up coming loose. At a minimum, I would check them before each outing. As a recommendation, I would look for an aftermarket one with 8mm outdrive cups instead of the 6mm type Arrma uses.

And lets be honest.... you wanted to dump more money into this build 🤑

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back