Limitless GT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it. Seems to be a popular mod with the speed demons. Guess the F1 body isn't very aerodynamic. :D
The open wheel design of the limitless body will always hold it back in the aerodynamics dept. A GT body covers the wheels and give you more downforce.

GT builds are a must if you're aiming for 150+. The GT bodies along with side skirts provide the necessary downforce at those speeds. I don't have much in terms of evidence to support the aero side skirts, but you can observe LMP1 cars where the skirts clean up the airflow underneath the chassis to the diffuser, and they likely reduce lift from the turbulent air from the wheels. An aero master like @LibertyMKiii would probably be able to elaborate.

Last edited:
Yeah the F1 open wheel design relies on Canards at the front and high rise Rear Wings for massive down force. But even still, the side turbulence of an open wheel body from the wheels gets things squirrely at speeds over 100MPH.
I was thinking of modding my Lim with Spats as seen on Scale Electric Formula E cars. :cool:

Back