Limitless infraction 3d extended battery tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarius

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hello everyone, I just bought a limitless and need some guidance on extended battery trays as I have the tp 4070 so i switch the motor mount around and got rid of the other battery tray so I want to spread the battery weight front to back on the other side..My 2 5400 4s hardcase won't fit on the one side battery tray stacked (with body) or sideways. Any 3d print suggestions ??

Hello everyone, I just bought a limitless and need some guidance on extended battery trays as I have the tp 4070 so i switch the motor mount around and got rid of the other battery tray so I want to spread the battery weight front to back on the other side..My 2 5400 4s hardcase won't fit on the one side battery tray stacked (with body) or sideways. Any 3d print suggestions ??
I don’t think a 3DP tray is going to hold a 4S LiPO very securely. I would say a metal tray would be much better.

Even with a 100% infill?
I am not sure a 100% infill is even the strongest option. You would need an engineer to verify this, but I think a gyroid infill of around 50% might be stronger. ??‍♂️

I am not sure a 100% infill is even the strongest option. You would need an engineer to verify this, but I think a gyroid infill of around 50% might be stronger. ??‍♂️
I’m almost a Mechanical Engineer (I graduate in the spring), and if by “strength” we mean tensile and shear strength, then 100% infill is the way to go. A gyroid infill would certainly decrease the weight without crippling the strength, though. I would have to agree with @jondilly1974 that a bent sheet metal tray would be my recommendation. They’re easy to make; I formed a small one for my Garmin with my Dremel and a cordless drill!

I’m almost a Mechanical Engineer (I graduate in the spring), and if by “strength” we mean tensile and shear strength, then 100% infill is the way to go. A gyroid infill would certainly decrease the weight without crippling the strength, though. I would have to agree with @jondilly1974 that a bent sheet metal tray would be my recommendation. They’re easy to make; I formed a small one for my Garmin with my Dremel and a cordless drill!

I think my concern with 100% infill would be the orientation of the layers all present the same uniform weakness direction. The gyroid infill provides strength in all directions. Most of the time when I see prints break, it separates the layers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back