Limitless is turning right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vetteman1000

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
A few weeks ago I had a major accident with my Limitless. I just finished putting it back together, I did a four-wheel alignment and took it for a test drive. I went extremely slow to make sure everything was working. Unfortunately, the vehicle would travel 10-15 feet and then turn to the right. I'm glad I decided to go really slow for a test drive first.

My servo was making noise so my first idea was to change the servo. $152 later, and the vehicle still turns to the right after a few feet. So now I figured maybe the receiver broke during the crash but after replacing the receiver the vehicle is still turning to the right.

Now I have no clue what is wrong. If it's not electrical, it must be mechanical. However, everything seems to be working properly when I turn the wheels with my hands. I can't find any kinks in the gears while spinning the wheels manually. I have no idea what to try next.

Curious, if the ESC can cause a vehicle to turn to the right.

Share your story if this happened to you. I don't have even have a single thought of what to try next.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Been there. Same issues. Wrecked my Lim many times in the beginning. User error of course. Speed running with not enough braking distance in many cases.
I say your chassis is tweaked for sure. The stocker chassis are this way.
I even got a poorly stamped brand new chassis once. It would simply not hook up. Double checked, triple checked, quadruple checked the whole wheel algnment numerous times over. One sign that it is tweaked is that your droop setting cannot be effectively dialed in. Usually at the Front end. Most delicate part of the Lim chassis. Watch some video on setting up droop for on road chassis. There is a technique to this.
Get a new Chassis from JennysRC. Alot of wrenching to swap out that chassis. Place a ruler along the bottom of the chassis to see if there is any bowing and if it is not square and straight. Also check for any binding in the Steering. PBs etc. Some ideas. I find if the chassis is tweaked, it will run fine to a certain speed, then dart suddenly to the L or R as the nose gets settled in with down force.
Where in Commack do you run?
I am in Queens.
Lim bodies being open wheeled, causes the chassis to easily damage when hitting the wheels. No body protecting the wheels.
Also check all your arm Hinge pins closely!!! They can get bent ever so slightly. A simple thing like this will also cause your issue.

Last edited:
i am using a Spektrum at6110 receiver which has the gyro built in. I completely changed the receiver, rebinded it and recalibrated everything. Also, I changed the chassis too. This is weird because the vehicle rolls forward first and then suddenly turns to the right. It’s almost like there is another signal in the area because when I turn it to the left it will straighten out for another second or two and then starts turning to the right again.

Right now I’m just running in front of my house until I get it fixed completely. Then I plan on attempting a few speed runs. The guys at Island Hobby Nut know all the places and I’m only three blocks from them. Very convenient and they have a huge inventory. Wrenching is half the fun but an unknown issue is absolutely zero fun.

Can a ESC break in a major crash and cause the signals to become messed up?

Again, any and all help will be appreciated. I’m at a loss for a proper explanation.

Disable the Gyro first to eliminate it from the equation. . What I always do.
ESC is probably not the cause.
No reason for a Servo to turn hard right or left on its own. Could be gyro related???:unsure: Not intializing properly?
Remove the Gyro feature first. disable it altogether. Go from there.

SrC- I am going to try that, but I thought I eliminated that from the equation by replacing the receiver with a new one.

What about the diffs? If there is a broken gear wouldn’t I feel that when I spin the wheel manually?

If it's after a bad crash, I would check the right side components first for damage. Cracks, bends are not always so obvious. Bend and flex them to expose any problems. Anything that doesn't roll properly or creates resistance on the right side will pull the vehicle to the right. I've had my vehicle pull due to a bad bearing. At lower speeds, damage may not be obvious, but the faster you go, the more resistance defects will exert and will pull the vehicle to that side.

Last edited:
When you're calibrating it, are you doing it on the ground or on a stand/toolbox/something that is potentially unlevel? I had the same exact problem, driving straight then turning right after like 10-15 feet. Decided to put a level to the top of my cheap toolbox and yep - not level. I recalibrated it on the floor instead and it seemed to fix it. Next thing i'd check is making sure the receiver is mounted level in the receiver box or wherever you're putting it. Hope you get it figured out!

I've seen servos suddenly pulling to one side when their supply voltage was getting unstable. A faulty ESC (more precisely the BEC in the ESC) could be the cause of failing servo supply voltage.

Not suggesting that this is the case with your rig, but if you happen to have another ESC at hand it could be worth a try.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back