Limitless LIMITLESS New system set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meda2ni_rc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
Decided to upgrade the electronics. (also a new body painted :p)

From-
MAX5 ESC
1100KV sensoreless
40t/34spool
PB-107mph

To-
Castle XLX2
1650sensored motor
27t/34t spool
96mph on 8s

Going to gear up next run to 30t/34spool, and also run those CNHL (bogo:)) 👶🙌

Baby step for NOOB like myself 👶👶

Side note-
XLX2 doesn't work well with a sensorless Hobbywing 1100kv motor, coggs like hell annoying...found out the hard way 🤬

Very much enjoying these speed runs built...anyone have a second rig for a speed runs? which?

might pick up another Limitless and convert to GT ultimate :oops: or a casual vendetta....

Last edited:
I'm putting that combo in my infraction on 8s and was going to try 24/46 for parking lot bashing. Have you tried any more running over just speed runs and seen how temps are?

I'm putting that combo in my infraction on 8s and was going to try 24/46 for parking lot bashing. Have you tried any more running over just speed runs and seen how temps are?
I have not. For your Bashing on 26/46, motor might get hot

This run is low gear and usualy only run it 2 at a time for speed run and rest. Took quick temp and only 100 temp

I don't even have a fan yet on my motor.

I plan to gear up and watch temp more often.

Last edited:
Moving to that 30t should put you right around your current PB of 107mph
Nice run spot you have there!
Be sure to stand in a safe place (like behind a corner of a building)

Also that radio range may become a limiting factor very soon with higher speeds.

Have fun and keep us posted on your progress!

1100kv cogging should not be. Bad connector maybe? Timing is on 10deg default i guess?
I've checked all connectors and timing adjustment on castle link.
I tried different motors (Surpass HOBBY 1750). Still coggs..

Maybe my XLX2 just don't wanna do anything with other brand of motors? :LOL:

Big difference between sensored and sensorless motor.

Throttle runs way smoother, with Castle sensored motor.
Moving to that 30t should put you right around your current PB of 107mph
Nice run spot you have there!
Be sure to stand in a safe place (like behind a corner of a building)

Also that radio range may become a limiting factor very soon with higher speeds.

Have fun and keep us posted on your progress!
Thank you for your continuous advice. I appreciate it.

On my next build will probably get a better radio.

Definitely agree with @LibertyMKiii on the Dumbo I had to switch at about 112mph due to signal loss and response. Highly suggest the RC6GS V2 haven't had a single issue with total passes hitting over a mile so figure a good 1300+ft away each direction👍🏼

I've checked all connectors and timing adjustment on castle link.
I tried different motors (Surpass HOBBY 1750). Still coggs..

Maybe my XLX2 just don't wanna do anything with other brand of motors? :LOL:

Big difference between sensored and sensorless motor.

Throttle runs way smoother, with Castle sensored motor.

Thank you for your continuous advice. I appreciate it.

On my next build will probably get a better radio.
I assume you already tried everything imaginable... And now have got around the problem by running a castle sensored motor. I do wonder if it also runs cog-free without the sensor cable? Perhaps the older firmware where it still offers the sensored only motor type? ESC's should be free of brand discrimination.

If you could stand on top of any of those buildings you'd likely win a lot of radio range too ;)

I assume you already tried everything imaginable... And now have got around the problem by running a castle sensored motor. I do wonder if it also runs cog-free without the sensor cable? Perhaps the older firmware where it still offers the sensored only motor type? ESC's should be free of brand discrimination.

If you could stand on top of any of those buildings you'd likely win a lot of radio range too ;)
Do you mean without the sensor off the esc with the other motor? I have the latest Firmware. I look around sensorless motor like a HW has cogging issue reported.

Buying the Castle motor was a quick fix.

Climbing the buildings for boost signal, Hmmm you might be onto something there ;)

Do you mean without the sensor off the esc with the other motor? I have the latest Firmware. I look around sensorless motor like a HW has cogging issue reported.

Buying the Castle motor was a quick fix.

Climbing the buildings for boost signal, Hmmm you might be onto something there ;)
I mean running the cc 1650kv motor sensorless by not plugging in the flat cable in the esc/motor.
From my understanding all motors youve tried sensorless(hw/surpass) seem to cog with the xlx2.

Decided to upgrade the electronics. (also a new body painted :p)

From-
MAX5 ESC
1100KV sensoreless
40t/34spool
PB-107mph

To-
Castle XLX2
1650sensored motor
27t/34t spool
96mph on 8s

Going to gear up next run to 30t/34spool, and also run those CNHL (bogo:)) 👶🙌

Baby step for NOOB like myself 👶👶

Side note-
XLX2 doesn't work well with a sensorless Hobbywing 1100kv motor, coggs like hell annoying...found out the hard way 🤬

Very much enjoying these speed runs built...anyone have a second rig for a speed runs? which?

might pick up another Limitless and convert to GT ultimate :oops: or a casual vendetta....

If you’re getting a lot of cogging, gear down a lot and see if that resolves it. If it doesn’t, it could be a sign of a bad ESC. Other things to try is to default the ESC, upgrade the firmware, and adjust the timing and see if those changes make any progress.

If you’re getting a lot of cogging, gear down a lot and see if that resolves it. If it doesn’t, it could be a sign of a bad ESC. Other things to try is to default the ESC, upgrade the firmware, and adjust the timing and see if those changes make any progress.
Ty I have done those. With sensorless motor still cogs. Glad CastleESC work with the Castle Sensored Motor..I started to think it was the CastleESC.

Current set up top off at 104mph. Not PB but still so much fun!! ;)

XLX2 1650kv
30/34 gearing

Next set up will go up to 34/34.

Ordered a pair Scorchedrc center drivesshafts. (Not sure how much help is this?)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back