Limitless Limitless Power System Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroberson77

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I used my phone GPS to check speed on my Limitless and I was kinda disappointed to only see 59 mph. I have the stock gearing with a 2200kV motor and the Traxxas 6s ESC from my UDR. I am using CommonSenseRC 3S lipos rated at 50C but who knows what they really are.

I ended up melting a deans plug on my battery so will be switching to XT90 plugs. Finally goal is high speed bashing so i am going to be putting a 46T spur gear on the spool eventually. I also need to get some motor fans, any recommendations?

I used my phone GPS to check speed on my Limitless and I was kinda disappointed to only see 59 mph. I have the stock gearing with a 2200kV motor and the Traxxas 6s ESC from my UDR. I am using CommonSenseRC 3S lipos rated at 50C but who knows what they really are.

I ended up melting a deans plug on my battery so will be switching to XT90 plugs. Finally goal is high speed bashing so i am going to be putting a 46T spur gear on the spool eventually. I also need to get some motor fans, any recommendations?
One of the biggest factors is going to be that ESC. There was once a time (think 1st gen brushless) where traxxas used rebranded Castle, but that is long gone. The UDRs ESC is anemic at beat. For bashing, I'd swap up to a Max6, or a MMX8S, even if you aren't using 8S. It'll be easier on the ESC in the long run, since you won't be pushing the limits of the electronics.

Skip the XT90’s and just put on QS8’s. I’d also just get rid of that ESC. It’s not doing you any favors. If you just plan on bashing then a MMX8S will be great. If you get serious about really going fast then get a XLX2. Also, putting a larger spur on will make you go slower. If you want more speed you’ll need a larger pinion. Lastly, I’d invest in some better batteries.

I am really not looking to go over 100 mph and would gear down for extended runs even if it means a lower top speed. I thought that the Traxxas ESC was a castle but I guess not. Would you guys recommend castle over hobbywing?

I am really not looking to go over 100 mph and would gear down for extended runs even if it means a lower top speed. I thought that the Traxxas ESC was a castle but I guess not. Would you guys recommend castle over hobbywing?
Castle really is the top end, and while I prefer it, the Max6 is plenty good enough for speed bashing, despite having internal limits on power draw. If you aren't looking for the cutting edge, or the top of the top, the price increase may not justify the MMX8S over the Max6.

60mph is a great speed for bashing. When you start go a bit faster you’ll need a pretty stout motor to handle the braking. The braking tends to generate a lot of heat in a motor too.

A great inexpensive option would be the 160A Spektrum 160A ESC and 1250kv motor. It covers bashing quite nicely and runs cool win geared correctly and has the ability to go over 120mph if you ever wanna go that route.

The MMX8s and 1717-1650 combo would be preferred but is a bit more costly.

60mph is a great speed for bashing. When you start go a bit faster you’ll need a pretty stout motor to handle the braking. The braking tends to generate a lot of heat in a motor too.

A great inexpensive option would be the 160A Spektrum 160A ESC and 1250kv motor. It covers bashing quite nicely and runs cool win geared correctly and has the ability to go over 120mph if you ever wanna go that route.

The MMX8s and 1717-1650 combo would be preferred but is a bit more costly.

It really sounds like I should have bought the Felony for $489 instead and fixed the gearing to run the same size tires, so I might as well go all out and get the MMX8S lol

It really sounds like I should have bought the Felony for $489 instead and fixed the gearing to run the same size tires, so I might as well go all out and get the MMX8S lol

I’m just looking back at my post and thinking about how I wrote “win” instead of “when”

I used to think dropping out of high school was a personal choice.. but now I realize it’s the opposite.

Let us know how it goes!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back