Infraction Another Limitless Type Thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren W

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Limitless
Finally got around to giving the Limitless a shakedown run. The street is very bumpy and space at a premium but it was enough to do a very gentle run to make sure nothing fell off and the smoke wasn't released.

Run done with some old 3s Turnigy Lipos setup as 6s, Castle XLX in stock mode, MPP Cap , Neu motor, stock gearing, Savox 1252mg servo.

Now it works it's time to start with the speed build mods..

A short video here. Shakedown

Finally got around to giving the Limitless a shakedown run. The street is very bumpy and space at a premium but it was enough to do a very gentle run to make sure nothing fell off and the smoke wasn't released.

Run done with some old 3s Turnigy Lipos setup as 6s, Castle XLX in stock mode, MPP Cap , Neu motor, stock gearing, Savox 1252mg servo.

Now it works it's time to start with the speed build mods..

A short video here. Shakedown
Wow that is a bumpy road. Hard to really evaluate much when it’s so bumpy. Sounds like a nice setup.

Wow that is a bumpy road. Hard to really evaluate much when it’s so bumpy. Sounds like a nice setup.
It’s bad in a road car! It did the job though as it gave things a good rattle around.
The surface I normally run on is the complete opposite of this, glass smooth tarmac and lots of it.

It’s bad in a road car! It did the job though as it gave things a good rattle around.
The surface I normally run on is the complete opposite of this, glass smooth tarmac and lots of it.
Nice ?? take some vids of the good spot. ✊?

Another run today but this time at work with a much better surface to run on and a better speed of 89.2mph.
I'm happy with how the car handles and somewhat suprised at how the old Turnigy Nano Tech's held up having had lots of abuse in planes and the Granite over the last couple of years.

Next is new 8s power, foam tyres - although not sure what to go with just yet, XLX firmware change, gearing, bodyshell, floor etc. the list goes on...

Excuse the editing, I had to cut out lots of radio calls informing me the trackday was ready to commence.

Another run today but this time at work with a much better surface to run on and a better speed of 89.2mph.
I'm happy with how the car handles and somewhat suprised at how the old Turnigy Nano Tech's held up having had lots of abuse in planes and the Granite over the last couple of years.

Next is new 8s power, foam tyres - although not sure what to go with just yet, XLX firmware change, gearing, bodyshell, floor etc. the list goes on...

Excuse the editing, I had to cut out lots of radio calls informing me the trackday was ready to commence.

Don't do foams until 130+
The grip is 1/2 if that. Play with the GRPs and Hoons as long as you can.
Getting beyond 120mph is harder than it looks. Crashing due to low grip is something you should avoid until the car is dialed and going REAL fast.

Don't do foams until 130+
The grip is 1/2 if that. Play with the GRPs and Hoons as long as you can.
Getting beyond 120mph is harder than it looks. Crashing due to low grip is something you should avoid until the car is dialed and going REAL fast.

In a way I'm looking forward to having a little less grip! It has so much with the white Hoons that you can hear the energy getting sapped from the run.
I plan to give it a few more runs on the 6s pack to dial in droop, toe etc. and then put in the 8s pack, v1.78 and full amps on the XLX.

Once it reaches good speeds it's time for the aero body to make a debut. Just need to make the vac former to produce it in the first instance.....

Last edited:
Watched your first shake down video on Facebook I believe @Darren W and love seeing what others are doing with their Limitless/Infraction models as I own a Limitless speed runner too. ;)

What race circuit is that if you don't mind sharing (PM if necessary). Is it Bedford by any chance?

I run at ROSSA UK and it would be great to see you attend an event next year if you can. Currently we've been running at Llanbedr Airfield in North Wales.

Some info here about ROSSA; http://www.rossa.org.uk/classdefinitions.html
Facebook group here; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1641915416068313/

Watched your first shake down video on Facebook I believe @Darren W and love seeing what others are doing with their Limitless/Infraction models as I own a Limitless speed runner too. ;)

What race circuit is that if you don't mind sharing (PM if necessary). Is it Bedford by any chance?

I run at ROSSA UK and it would be great to see you attend an event next year if you can. Currently we've been running at Llanbedr Airfield in North Wales.

Some info here about ROSSA; http://www.rossa.org.uk/classdefinitions.html
Facebook group here; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1641915416068313/

GMballistic, it is indeed Bedford, good spot.

Many years ago I was in contact with Ziggy regarding speed runs and venues but as all too often, life and babies side lined the hobby. With the kids slightly older and less needy I can devote some time and money in to speed running again.

I will head to the ROSSA FB page and see whats going on and maybe, if I can get this thing to the speeds I am building for then I will certainly look at coming for a run next year.

GMballistic, it is indeed Bedford, good spot.

Many years ago I was in contact with Ziggy regarding speed runs and venues but as all too often, life and babies side lined the hobby. With the kids slightly older and less needy I can devote some time and money in to speed running again.

I will head to the ROSSA FB page and see whats going on and maybe, if I can get this thing to the speeds I am building for then I will certainly look at coming for a run next year.
Nice. :)
I've not driven at Bedford but always wanted to one day. I have done track days/experience days since the late 90's at a fair few UK circuits; Silverstone, Llandow and Castle Combe to name a few.

Re: ROSSA UK.
Regardless of what speeds you're achieving with your Limitless if you can come you should as it's a great place to meet like minded individuals, learn things, exchange ideas, get help with your builds, run on possibly the smoothest UK runway you'll find and watch the fastest RC's in the UK.

I've only been going since last year but can't see me stopping now as I love it so much. Currently I've sold a few RC's to concentrate more on what I've got and my current speed runners are a 1/12th Serpent S120 LTX (3S), 1/8th Arrma Typhon (6S) and my 1/7th Arrma Limitless (8S).

Usually ROSSA run two UK events in a year (a 2 day & a 3 day) but because of Covid the first one in June was cancelled. Luckily a 3 day event was arranged for August which went ahead but unfortunately I didn't have my Limitless properly ready for the event.

The first day was glorious sunshine and I got new PB's for my Serpent & Typhon but didn't run the Limitless as needed things sorting first. The next 2 days were more or less constant rain so I never did run my Limitless. Still I did get my niggles sorted and had my first test run last weekend before my County went into Lock down again. Fingers crossed this Corvid BS ends quickly as I am itching to make some more passes. (y)

If you need help just ask.
My Typhon build thread here if you're interested: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...s-uk-built-fast-not-bought-fast.10482/page-22

I plan to give it a few more runs on the 6s pack to dial in droop, toe etc. and then put in the 8s pack, v1.78 and full amps on the XLX.

Just wondering why people still prefer the v1.78 firmware. I understood most updates that followed where bad for speedrunning, but personally I seem to have better results on v2.06b. Up to ~380 Ampdraw and without hitting the thermal threshold. Have you ever tried v2.06b?

Just wondering why people still prefer the v1.78 firmware. I understood most updates that followed where bad for speedrunning, but personally I seem to have better results on v2.06b. Up to ~380 Ampdraw and without hitting the thermal threshold. Have you ever tried v2.06b?
The XLX is new to me so rather than be fighting any teething issues with power delivery I chose to run a tried and tested version. Once I know the motor, batteries, cap pack etc, don’t have gremlins then I’ll maybe try newer versions. The guys at the sharp end will have tested those same versions yet come back to 1.78.

Same here, power delivery isn't the bottleneck (yet). Just curious what makes the 1.78 still so special.

My limitless adopted the tp4070cm-2200/XLX@8S setup from my former 1/8 speedrunner and it's not delivering what i've hoped for thus far. In terms of top speed that it. Durability and smooth driving are awesome. It just needs some tweaking here and there.

ps. Seriously jealous of that nice racetrack you are driving at.

Today I ran the car with the 8s batteries and after a flip at 111mph and little to no damage, I decided to run again. 124mph and I had to get out of the throttle as the car darted left again. It really does need vertical stabilisation on the rear.

Sorry for the quality of the footage, the soft focus may be due to sticky fingers on the lens whilst putting the camera on my head.

Nice run, seems like we are at the similar speed atm. Keep an eye on those Hoons though, I blew mine at that speed
This set are heading to the bin as the sidewalls have serious scuffs from the flip. I have another new set of Hoons to do a few runs on before I put on the foams.
Stabilisation is next though as this loose setup on foams would be impossible. Once stable I will change the Neu mtotor for an 8s kv motor rather than this 12s motor.

Sounds like there is a bit of wind there too. If so that wind can get under the side and do all types of bad stuff. I won’t go out if I see any movement in the tree tops anymore. I don’t trust forecasts either.

Sounds like there is a bit of wind there too. If so that wind can get under the side and do all types of bad stuff. I won’t go out if I see any movement in the tree tops anymore. I don’t trust forecasts either.
Agreed, cross winds and head wings are asking for blow overs!
I don't run above 7mph winds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back