Infraction Another Limitless Type Thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried a GoPro hero 4 and a RunCam 5 and both have had the same results. I have thought about putting some foam on the mic hole as you suggest but never got around to it so may give it a try and see if it helps. The issue I have found with both of these cameras that makes them hard to used is framing, as well as wind noise. When it’s on my head it’s a guess as to what is and isn’t in shot and I’ve filmed so much content but can’t use any of it. I may use my iPhone with the head mount and an external mic on my shirt and see if that improves both visual and audio quality.
I use a head mount and check the shot with my iPhone before filming and randomly after beginning to make sure I’m getting the shot. I also shoot in the widest mode and then punch in when in post.

I use a head mount and check the shot with my iPhone before filming and randomly after beginning to make sure I’m getting the shot. I also shoot in the widest mode and then punch in when in post.
I’d like to use my phone with the GoPro but the camera’s WiFi hasn’t worked since it took a nose dive in my large scale Katana plane!

I’d like to use my phone with the GoPro but the camera’s WiFi hasn’t worked since it took a nose dive in my large scale Katana plane!
Dang that sucks. Time for the Hero 9 ??

If I sell the Limitless I can afford one! Crazy prices now.
Mine just arrived ?
F4B3D612-5827-4BE8-8159-DB3D340AC223.jpeg

Did one pass today to test a few suspension parts that I have made. I ran on my last new set of Hoons and the car was rock solid. Reached 135mph and had more left to pull. Sorry for the short video but the car is a mess and there are lots of proto parts on it that will be shown on later videos and photos.

Got to work early this morning to give the car a test on foams, all went great on the test passes. Lots of grip whilst accelerating and ran straight at around 110mph. With the feel for foams now building I decided to give it a run with a little more speed... blow over at 136mph.

Having spent some time looking at the car and studying the aero of the Limitless body it's obvious why these blow over so easily. If you look at the profile of the car and measure the airflow distance both top and bottom you see its a wing with a good amount of lift!

So no more runs until the new body is made as I cant afford to be repairing the car like this again. All four corners, wheels, diffuser etc are now paperweights.

Every run teaches a lesson though.

@Darren W sorry to hear about the crash. Without saying it, it sounds like the damage was extensive...
The #1 reason for blow overs is the rear suspension "squatting" and the front lifting. The guys who have taken the limitless to 150+ with the factory body have basically locked the rear suspension. Given your access to a smooth race track that probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

With that said you are correct. The body shape with the drivers cockpit area generates lift. Looking forward to seeing what you do with a custom body.

Last edited:
@Darren W sorry to hear about the crash. Without saying it, it sounds like the damage was extensive...
The #1 reason for blow overs is the rear suspension "squatting" and the front lifting. The guys who have taken the limitless to 150+ with the factory body have basically locked the rear suspension. Given your access to a smooth race track that probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

With that said you are correct. The body shape with the drivers cockpit area generates lift. Looking forward to seeing what you do with a custom body.

The damage is pretty bad but luckily the ESC, motor and batteries looked to have survived.

The ironic thing is that this happened with locked rear suspension. It made acceleration much better but I think it needs a little compliance rather than the fully locked solid link method.
This track surface is far from smooth as its built on an old airfield and over time the concrete slabs of the old runway are sinking and causing ramps! We have a 1km straight but I can only use 533 metres of it due to a ramp that will make things interesting!

Sad to hear Darren :(
The walk of shame towards the crashed vehicle always hurts the most.

With my prototype i had front suspension completely locked and just a little play on the rear.

You shouldnt compare the body with a wing imho, unless you ride height is too high. The vacuum pocket underneath doesn't make the bottom as smooth as it looks and with the limited volume of air it takes in the wing characteristics can be neglected.
Most of my own blow overs were caused by my trigger finger, pulling that last bit to fast...

The damage is pretty bad but luckily the ESC, motor and batteries looked to have survived.

The ironic thing is that this happened with locked rear suspension. It made acceleration much better but I think it needs a little compliance rather than the fully locked solid link method.
This track surface is far from smooth as its built on an old airfield and over time the concrete slabs of the old runway are sinking and causing ramps! We have a 1km straight but I can only use 533 metres of it due to a ramp that will make things interesting!

I agree, the likely hood of having a glass smooth road surface is like my chances of winning the lottery (I don't play)
I recently started building shock travel limiters with the 3D printer and @jondilly1974 mentioned using a rubber like filament. I suspect you could possibly do a combination of rigid and rubber material to make a nice setup that has limited travel, but does have some suspension travel.

Capture.JPG

I agree, the likely hood of having a glass smooth road surface is like my chances of winning the lottery (I don't play)
I recently started building shock travel limiters with the 3D printer and @jondilly1974 mentioned using a rubber like filament. I suspect you could possibly do a combination of rigid and rubber material to make a nice setup that has limited travel, but does have some suspension travel.

View attachment 101080
I've thought about printing some in TPU, Ninja-flex etc. The last few fast runs have been made with solid Petg printed links in place of the dampers. It transformed the handling at speed but as I said earlier, it needs compliance so parts like you have above may have to be used and the compromise made between compliance and downforce induced ride height reduction.

You can see those orange links below.

front.png
rear.png

I've thought about printing some in TPU, Ninja-flex etc. The last few fast runs have been made with solid Petg printed links in place of the dampers. It transformed the handling at speed but as I said earlier, it needs compliance so parts like you have above may have to be used and the compromise made between compliance and downforce induced ride height reduction.

You can see those orange links below.

View attachment 101081View attachment 101082

Looks similar to what I did on the Unlimited project, I found some steering links that fit and provided the adjustability.
The carbon chassis lack of flex really exposed how much small changes made. It would ride on 3 wheels very easily if one link was off a little. I used some SkyRc 4 wheel balance scales to set it up fully balanced to the final weight with batteries. I decided I don't have the roads to run that car and sold it... I think an original shock setup with "squishy" limiters is probably the best route"
The buyer of this Unlimited project routinely runs his Mugen 1/8 car in the 156-159 mph range uses zip ties to limit travel LOL

unlimited completed.JPG

Yeah I would use some TPU for shock bushings. I haven’t taken the time recently but hope to have some time soon to do so.

Yeah I would use some TPU for shock bushings. I haven’t taken the time recently but hope to have some time soon to do so.
I happen to have a 5 metre sample so will use that. I’ll have time to make them whilst I wait for almost a complete kit to arrive. May work out cheaper to buy a new roller actually.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back