Limitless Limitless slow build thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason F

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
CD97E596-D834-419F-B3BD-E08C93771BE7.jpeg

I am going to document my build, all parts I buy, and use.
Limitless roller
Castle Creations XLX2 ESC
Castle Creations 2028 1100kv motor
PPS motor mount diff combo
Saga Customs 8mm pinion/spur gears
Scorched RC Pinocchio spool shaft
Scorched RC diff lockers (front/rear)
Scorched RC carbon fiber Batwing
Scorched RC carbon fiber towers (front/rear)
Scorched RC carbon fiber Toyota GT 1 splitter
Scorched RC carbon fiber tower brace
Scorched RC carbon fiber Ackerman brace
Scorched RC carbon fiber top plate
Scorched RC carbon fiber side skirts GT
Scorched RC titanium pins
Scorched RC titanium splitter screws/nuts
Futaba 7PXR
Futaba GYC441 gyro
Futaba R2006GS receiver
Savöx servo

Still waiting for Scorched RC to get some parts in stock:
Scorched RC titanium front/rear axles
Scorched RC titanium ball mounts
Scorched RC ceramic bearings

I will update when I have parts to install.
Just ordered Caddx Vista Pro FPV camera setup
757E9E8F-EA8C-4AE6-90FF-B9C6154F9ADD.jpeg

Last edited:
D30D9043-5E6F-4389-860C-B650A8BA08CA.jpeg

So I know I’m jet lagged (got home after 1:00am) trying to figure out the best way to connect everything.
I have a Futaba 7PXR with R334SBS-E receiver
Futaba GYC441 gyro.
Question is: I would like to use the Telemetry feature, everything I have read confuses me more! Do I use S-BUS2 for the gyro, or Castle Telemetry Link?

View attachment 138295
I am going to document my build, all parts I buy, and use.
Limitless roller
Castle Creations XLX2 ESC
Castle Creations 2028 1100kv motor
PPS motor mount diff combo
Saga Customs 8mm pinion/spur gears
Scorched RC Pinocchio spool shaft
Scorched RC diff lockers (front/rear)
Scorched RC carbon fiber Batwing
Scorched RC carbon fiber towers (front/rear)
Scorched RC carbon fiber Toyota GT 1 splitter
Scorched RC carbon fiber tower brace
Scorched RC carbon fiber Ackerman brace
Scorched RC carbon fiber top plate
Scorched RC carbon fiber side skirts GT
Scorched RC titanium pins
Scorched RC titanium splitter screws/nuts
Futaba 7PXR
Futaba GYC441 gyro
Futaba R2006GS receiver
Savöx servo

Still waiting for Scorched RC to get some parts in stock:
Scorched RC titanium front/rear axles
Scorched RC titanium ball mounts
Scorched RC ceramic bearings

I will update when I have parts to install.
Just ordered Caddx Vista Pro FPV camera setup
View attachment 138303

View attachment 138303Please help me with something. It doesn't look like 'sticking to a tight budget is your problem. So, let's say I have a friend???? Who has the car/xlx2/motor? I, (I mean he) have replaced the front and rear shafts and upper and lower braces. Now, the spaceship you intend on building would require a budget just about as large as NASA's. I have been R/C'ing for a very long time. Long enough to know that the companies that last, not only must build quality products, but they must make money. So my main question is: What do you consider the most other 'must upgrade parts on your list? (I plan an upgrade on the center diff).

View attachment 138303Please help me with something. It doesn't look like 'sticking to a tight budget is your problem. So, let's say I have a friend???? Who has the car/xlx2/motor? I, (I mean he) have replaced the front and rear shafts and upper and lower braces. Now, the spaceship you intend on building would require a budget just about as large as NASA's. I have been R/C'ing for a very long time. Long enough to know that the companies that last, not only must build quality products, but they must make money. So my main question is: What do you consider the most other 'must upgrade parts on your list? (I plan an upgrade on the center diff).
First off! (Don’t take this the wrong way) I work my ass off, and have worked for the same company for over 20 years. Before COVID-19 my Wife had a great job also! (Not anymore)
I think the most important parts for reliability on a speed run car is Scorched RC Pinocchio spool, front/rear axles, and diff locks front/rear.

First off! (Don’t take this the wrong way) I work my ass off, and have worked for the same company for over 20 years. Before COVID-19 my Wife had a great job also! (Not anymore)
I think the most important parts for reliability on a speed run car is Scorched RC Pinocchio spool, front/rear axles, and diff locks front/rear.
Thank you and I am sorry if I came off the wrong way. But when I read the list you compiled and knew I had most of the core stuff but would have to limit the 'important' stuff somehow. I would definitely do the upgrades, if for nothing else, just the fun. But I have just retired and, although I am setup ok, I can't spend like I used to back in the Xray years.

No disparagement intended. I am here, because just like the rest of us, I want to share and learn.

Drive straight. -Dave

I'm loving your chopper, wow
Thank you!
Thank you and I am sorry if I came off the wrong way. But when I read the list you compiled and knew I had most of the core stuff but would have to limit the 'important' stuff somehow. I would definitely do the upgrades, if for nothing else, just the fun. But I have just retired and, although I am setup ok, I can't spend like I used to back in the Xray years.

No disparagement intended. I am here, because just like the rest of us, I want to share and learn.

Drive straight. -Dave
I take no offense, I just wanted you to know I have earned everything I have.

Well my airbrush blew up on me again!
Paint is pearl white outside, aluminum surrounding the pearl blue center. I’m not happy with it, next one I will use my new airbrush.

87DA8597-2C32-4D35-98A7-85C3292191A8.jpeg

6BED0ABA-B2A4-45AF-B4CD-BA177BBD5CF7.jpeg

BD9B4A2E-6275-47CE-A49E-6BA91B94A5E1.jpeg

I switched to one of my automotive paint guns, but it was already ruined. The airbrush is over 25 years old, so I can’t be that upset.

0E5BF477-41F1-4AB5-A53B-74FECD8944A8.jpeg

I wanted high visibility on the asphalt road. Like my Wife said it’s not going to look good for long so don’t worry about it!

A7A88D7E-EDC0-408C-9B46-62E27C6AB14A.jpeg

D6EEAF9C-66F4-4918-AD45-2635D18D5287.jpeg

218DFE10-B992-427D-A477-B6F77202FACF.jpeg

03B75DFB-DE7B-4AFC-83B1-1992AC730016.jpeg

Next body I think I will do Lumilor paint.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back