Limitless Limitless slow build thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the car on my friends scales, trying to balance the car as much as possible! Also going to do some canards up front for a little more downforce, might need a bigger splitter to make it work the way I want. Remember I’m not going for any records with this, I’m just having fun!

Gotcha, looks the part for setting some records.... Great work so far!
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the canards.

I am far from patient! I just want to take it out, and play. I just know this thing has way more power than I need, and I don’t want to f’it up.

I am far from patient! I just want to take it out, and play. I just know this thing has way more power than I need, and I don’t want to f’it up.
What sucks the most about these cars is how little you can use them.
The wind, air temp, location, car setup all has to be perfect. Some guys run several times a week because they have weather that cooperates and rural roads available. I get to run maybe 6 days a year if I am lucky....

What sucks the most about these cars is how little you can use them.
The wind, air temp, location, car setup all has to be perfect. Some guys run several times a week because they have weather that cooperates and rural roads available. I get to run maybe 6 days a year if I am lucky....
To be fair, I tend to push my conditions pretty hard. The last couple times I ran at the airport I was looking at 7-15mph winds on the leading edge of some pretty severe weather. Sure, I'm not running in the top 10% yet, but 110+ is still pretty punishing for wild variables.

To be fair, I tend to push my conditions pretty hard. The last couple times I ran at the airport I was looking at 7-15mph winds on the leading edge of some pretty severe weather. Sure, I'm not running in the top 10% yet, but 110+ is still pretty punishing for wild variables.
Strong headwinds are no joke. I flipped a GT car at around 30mph with strong 25+ mph winds.
GT bodies do not like cross winds at all.
The only way to run with wind is a tail wind, but then you have to be very careful on the drive back to you.

We have great roads that are dead straight, but we have a lot of traffic, that’s why I was thinking about the Salt Flats, but I might look for a small airport to run at. I asked a friend if we could have a big event at the airport he works at, but the higher ups have not given him an answer!

Here in NL, we can have all types of weather in a single day. So there is basically often a brief window to take it out for a run. That's why i need my speedrun roads close by, if it takes me more than 15 min to put it in action, the window could be over. I could blame part of my high crashrate on instant weather changes.

I am actually thinking about putting more light on the outside to be able to drive it after sundown when traffic is low enough on ideal roads. At nights the weather seems calmer/more constant too.

Still waiting on Hot Racing top pieces to the differential. So I worked on the H2.

07EC793D-0EC5-4991-95E5-BBF275A3EA52.jpeg

A504AD06-87C0-4101-AF0C-5B566318D838.jpeg

Finally received the top of the Hot Racing differential. Started putting the whole front end together.
Scorched RC front titanium axles
Scorched RC ball ends upper/lower
Scorched RC titanium shock lower pins
Scorched RC carbon fiber front shock tower
Scorched RC carbon fiber Ackerman plate
Scorched RC carbon fiber top plate
Scorched RC servo saver delete
Scorched RC locker
Hot Racing billet differential
Fast Eddy’s ceramic bearings

2F906BCE-B160-4B9B-81CF-E47CD24053AD.jpeg

DF13C4A1-4233-4E37-8EE1-56DACC173F8B.jpeg

CD8684BA-FE9B-4FFD-9EA9-B64E95346E1A.jpeg

58F3D0CA-5DB5-43F7-87DC-D9CC9B155F6E.jpeg

Finally received the top of the Hot Racing differential. Started putting the whole front end together.
Scorched RC front titanium axles
Scorched RC ball ends upper/lower
Scorched RC titanium shock lower pins
Scorched RC carbon fiber front shock tower
Scorched RC carbon fiber Ackerman plate
Scorched RC carbon fiber top plate
Scorched RC servo saver delete
Scorched RC locker
Fast Eddy’s ceramic bearings

View attachment 148546

View attachment 148547

View attachment 148548

View attachment 148549
Looking really good so far! Scorched should sponsor this car 🤔 I especially like the detail they put into things that often get overlooked, like the bevel along the edge of the shock towers. I really need to pick up the servo saver delete and a few other parts from them. I'm really looking forward to seeing it all run.

Finished the install of the rear end.
Scorched RC axles
Scorched RC diff locker
Scorched RC carbon fiber shock tower
Fast Eddies ceramic bearings
Ordered last pieces needed to finish.
Just need to decide on what foams I want to run.

7690B880-9D48-4CED-959F-39D73595B0E2.jpeg

FBC8710F-67CA-4CC2-B090-21402C0B2C60.jpeg

48B5143A-895B-43B9-AB50-A1EAAEDB9988.jpeg

Thank you!
I’m just trying to go fast, and have fun.

Here is what I envisioned for the bi-level wing. I just did a mock up so it is not permanent, wanted to see if I would like it. I do!

B3C917F9-D45A-4B0E-B500-26D5B1457C9B.jpeg

EEE101C3-8264-440D-9E7C-A30387FE37A2.jpeg

7AB3CE47-700E-4902-AB3E-B9B57B6BB82E.jpeg

741B1EB0-7125-47DE-8007-1E64E9CE2592.jpeg

I am going to use my digital protractor to set the angle. Also going with a bigger splitter with canards.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back