SOLD / FOUND Limitless V1 complete spool and Scorched shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK83

$dirty hands-no money$
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
V1 Limitless spool, complete with 39t spur, lightly used in a drag car, in excellent shape. Scorched center driveshafts, brand spanking new, only taken out of the package and mocked up, never ran. These will fit V1 Limitless, Infraction V1/2, and Felony. $110 shipped

20230313_134352.jpg

20230313_134417.jpg

20230313_134427.jpg

I've had a few inquiries about selling the spool separate from the shafts, $60 for the shafts, $45 for the spool

Last edited:
No, both shafts are different lengths than a Kraton. Kraton is 116/135mm, Infraction is 102/168mm I believe

Could you point me in the direction of where to buy a complete spool with 39t spur for the V1 limitless?

You have to put it together piece by piece or find a used one, I wasn't able to find a complete one in stock anywhere so I bought all the pieces and put it together... just a heads up, it's pricey to do it that way

Could you point me in the direction of where to buy a complete spool with 39t spur for the V1 limitless?
Here you go.
Spool: https://www.islandhobbynut.com/product-page/ironmanrc-arrma-infraction-titanium-center-spool-kit
39T Gear: https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...teel-39t-mod1-8mm-pinion-gear-mod-1-speed-run

The beauty of this type of spool is that the bearings sit on shoulders machined into the ends of the shaft which means that no spacers are required. You can just move the gear to whatever position you like within the allotted area and not have to mess around with rearranging the spacers. Can recommend (y)

Awesome, I was just going to ask you about the spacers lol That’s pretty simple looking not that the build with the spacers looked all that difficult. Did you continue to use the stock center drive shafts or did you swap to something else? Thx for the info bud. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.
You have to put it together piece by piece or find a used one, I wasn't able to find a complete one in stock anywhere so I bought all the pieces and put it together... just a heads up, it's pricey to do it that way
Ok, I was hoping there was a st8 plug n play like I’ve seen for the V2. I almost purchased the V2 one thinking it would work for the V1. I found out pretty quickly it doesn’t though. Thx for the reply bud. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.

Awesome, I was just going to ask you about the spacers lol That’s pretty simple looking not that the build with the spacers looked all that difficult. Did you continue to use the stock center drive shafts or did you swap to something else? Thx for the info bud. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.
The spacers aren't complicated or anything. They're just annoying when, for example, you swap motors and due to different shaft lengths on the motor the place where the teeth of the pinion are relative to the spool can change. If you have a spool with spacers, you have to undo the T2T brace, open up your diff mount, take the spool apart, arrange the spacers so the teeth of the spool once again match where the pinion is, put it all back together again, etc. etc. With a spool like this I just leave everything as it is and turn the spool so that I have access to the grub screw. Loosen grub, slide the spool gear over, tighten grub back down...job done. You're probably looking at a time savings of what...a half hour? I know it's a little more expensive than the Arrma spool but, consider that this one comes with two really nice ceramic hybrid bearings (that's $15-20 of the price right there). The Arrma spool doesn't include any.

Trust me when I say it's worth spending just a few bucks more as the step up in quality you can feel immediately. I'm not big on trying to talk people into buying things, with a few exceptions. The center drive line is one of them because if you have a problem there, it almost doesn't matter how awesome the rest of the car is. To me, spending money on transferring the power from the motor to the road as efficiently as possible is more than justifiable (this includes the motor/diff mount itself

I ditched the stock center shafts pretty early on and I first upgraded them to the marginally better GPM hardened steel shafts. A little while later I bit the bullet and spent the coin on the Perfect Pass V2 shafts when they came out and, damn...what a difference those made in terms of virtually eliminating vibration of the center shafts. They're pricey, yes. But I'd argue they're worth it.

If the price is a bit salty, pick up a Ti shaft for the long rear one and a Trident for the short front one from Scorched RC. That'll save you a couple of bucks and give you a really solid backbone. This is one area I don't think you should skimp on.

I also have a set of the Islandhobbynut iRonMan 10mm Ti shafts that they sent me. I've been trying them out for the first time and they appear to be working well. But they're not cheap either and, given the choice between these two Ti offerings, I'd go with Scorched RC.

My pleasure dude and a happy Easter to you and your family as well.

I definitely don’t mind spending more money on anything if it makes sense to do so. I rather spend a little more coin up front and be done with it vs going cheapo only to replace stuff shortly thereafter😡 Not to mention saving time lol Where I’m from, time = money every day of the week. I’ll take your advice and grab it.

I’ve purchased from island hobby before. Pretty cool place. Do they sell the prefect pass center shafts as well?

I definitely don’t mind spending more money on anything if it makes sense to do so. I rather spend a little more coin up front and be done with it vs going cheapo only to replace stuff shortly thereafter😡 Not to mention saving time lol Where I’m from, time = money every day of the week. I’ll take your advice and grab it.

I’ve purchased from island hobby before. Pretty cool place. Do they sell the prefect pass center shafts as well?
I hear that. The old adage, "Buy cheap, buy twice" is true all too often. Yes, there are places where it's possible to both save money and wind up with a better product...drive shafts do not appear to be one of those areas.

Unfortunately no. Raz sells his warez via Amazon now. I just looked and no drive shafts as far as the eye can see. A cursory search of the wider web turned up bupkis. I can't find any for sale anywhere.

Shoot Raz an email and see if he has any info if and when he's expecting another batch. If I see any go up for sale anywhere, I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back