Limitless v2 building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon730

Reaction score
One thing I'm learning really fast with this build is my soldering skills sucks blew threw multiple connectors trying to get this thing together. Still got more to go

16700310635207746881639712541341.jpg

Could you elaborate a little on what you mean by "blew through multiple connectors"? I might be able to give you some pointers if you give me a little more information to work with. Maybe add a picture of the connectors you blew through.

Yup they are a PITA. You need a lot of heat over a short period of time.

The best way I've found is to tin the wire. If you are using a plastic connector, mate the connector to the other half, it reduces the plastic distortion. Then fill the cup with solder. If you do it in one fell swoop you can put the tinned wired right into the liquid metal, otherwise you will need to reflow the solder.

Post #10 of my build log shows me soldering the 8mm connectors with a torch. Those are pretty easy compared to the QS8s.

One thing I'm learning really fast with this build is my soldering skills sucks blew threw multiple connectors trying to get this thing together. Still got more to go

View attachment 259950

Try to use a block of wood with the correct size holes drilled in them to help "hold" your connectors to be soldered...

Wood won't soak up the heat away from your connector(s) as fast as a metal vise or alligator clips... Giving you more time and better soldering joints.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back