Limitless V2 Spool rounded screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin080

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
Hey Guys, my Limitless V2 had a rounded screw on the spool output from factory....

This is not that big problem but i cant find replacement :/

ara727415 this is part number but it isnt available everywhere...

it is bigger from the diameter compared to v1 screw.

you know what ?

dear justin..

https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas-revo-screw-pin-4x15mm-6-tra5145/p3478

I bet this will work. I actually bought it for mine but haven't needed to try it yet
I think this diameter from the shaft is the same like the old set screw from the v1....so it wiggles in the hole

the old spool crew has on the shaft a diameter from 2,47 and new one has 2,86

Snapchat-589965379.jpg

Snapchat-600533913.jpg

Last edited:
Horizonhobby says November is the next shipment. Don't know exactly when.... but i should have a extra one laying around from switching spool gear. "V2 style "
thanks man...that sucks.
i opened a thread for my typhon tlr 5 months ago while the exb standoffs were not available.
5 months later and still the the issue and they released the second tlr typhon LUL

^^^ @justin080
The TLRT does include the EXB shock standoffs. Don't even bother replacing with the same. They will always crack easily . They suck. Waste of $$. Ask me how I know.:giggle:
Just use the standard RTR standoffs. What I do now with my TLRT. Way better. Buggies have exposed front towers. Driver error will always get the best of them. Stockers are better. Last longer and sometimes you only need to replace the long Standoff screw if it breaks or bends. EXB standoffs will always simply snap. Cheap Monkey metal if you ask me.:giggle: This Arrma EXB part was a Fail.(n)
Or just go with the M2C Racing upgrade standoffs. Best.

Last edited:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas-revo-screw-pin-4x15mm-6-tra5145/p3478

I bet this will work. I actually bought it for mine but haven't needed to try it yet
Hey fine gentlemen, so Moirae, do you think the scrub pin isn't necessary? I am about to put a spool together and while the 29tooth gear and the 39 tooth gear include the grub screw pin the 34 tooth does not. I contacted HH and as you said the pins go on sale in a few weeks according to them. https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/m4x15mm-screw-pin-4/ARA727415.html

I feel like getting the 29 and the 34 just so I can get the screw pin. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks man...that sucks.
i opened a thread for my typhon tlr 5 months ago while the exb standoffs were not available.
5 months later and still the the issue and they released the second tlr typhon LUL
Pm me. I found a extra one that I had

Hey fine gentlemen, so Moirae, do you think the scrub pin isn't necessary? I am about to put a spool together and while the 29tooth gear and the 39 tooth gear include the grub screw pin the 34 tooth does not. I contacted HH and as you said the pins go on sale in a few weeks according to them. https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/m4x15mm-screw-pin-4/ARA727415.html

I feel like getting the 29 and the 34 just so I can get the screw pin. Anyone have any ideas?
IIRC my spool is using a regular grub screw and not the pin. Hasn't come apart yet.

These things still haven't come in stock. I actually ordered them when this thread was made and now they say APRIL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :eek: :ROFLMAO:

These things still haven't come in stock. I actually ordered them when this thread was made and now they say APRIL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :eek: :ROFLMAO:
Yes brother :( exactly the same with the 56 motorplate for the stock mount :D
Nice that you remember ma post heh🫣

I just bought a second v2 spool from jenny and installed.

Sometimes ARRMA part availability really is horrible af.

wow I ordered em directly from horizon hobby and I still haven't gotten any shipment email or anything. Kind of crazy it takes this long for some screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back