Limitless Limitless V2 XLX2 150mph ++

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
Been working on my Limitless V2 this weekend

My goal is 160mph at least 😁😁

I needed to swap out the motor mount because it's didn't fit the big motor , i don't have the 56 mount for the new Arrma mount

Swapped out the 39t spool gear with a 29t, the front cup on the new spool is great, really solid

Got a Scorched Rc top brace to, need to make new holes in the middle to fit

Working on a different servo position maybe for better space for the xlx2 so it doesn't hit the body, I'm also thinking about a another solution
So far it's a Savox 2290 monster 65kg servo on a Alza Racing mount in aluminum and carbon

Hopefully more will happen this week

Still a lot to do

DSC_3782.JPG

DSC_3792.JPG

DSC_3810.JPG

DSC_3812.JPG

If the money is there i maybe go for a 2 motor setup and a gt body

DSC_3809.JPG

Do you know up what KV the double mount work?

Just wondering about motors with high KV beeing in sync within such a small margin. The marging beeing the mesh. Thought about a double mount for two stock spektrum motors and ESC as I have installed a few MAX6 in different cars and have a few motors lying around. For a fast street basher with speed bursts. Just wondering at 2050KV and 6s at perhaps 3,3 Volt in action it would be around 40.000 RPM. A minute asyncronous KV would make the motors work against each other after a certain time period. The only amplitude they are allowed to work within is the mesh between 2 pinions and the spur.

Which brings me to the next question:

Do 2 motors only work with short running times like in speed running? If for example the 2 motors run slightly asynchronous after 2 or perhaps 5 minutes it would mean they start drawing massive amperage. A higher KV obviouly resulting to the "safe motor-mesh-time" beeing used up a lot faster.

Perhaps the ESC have to be restarted after each speed run to release possible tension between spur and pinions. :unsure:

I am not aware that sensored motors would in any way be able to compensate.

Last edited:
Do you know up what KV the double mount work?

Just wondering about motors with high KV beeing in sync within such a small margin. The marging beeing the mesh. Thought about a double mount for two stock spektrum motors and ESC as I have installed a few MAX6 in different cars and have a few motors lying around. For a fast street basher with speed bursts. Just wondering at 2050KV and 6s at perhaps 3,3 Volt in action it would be around 40.000 RPM. A minute asyncronous KV would make the motors work against each other after a certain time period. The only amplitude they are allowed to work within is the mesh between 2 pinions and the spur.

Which brings me to the next question:

Do 2 motors only work with short running times like in speed running? If for example the 2 motors run slightly asynchronous after 2 or perhaps 5 minutes it would mean they start drawing massive amperage. A higher KV obviouly resulting to the "safe motor-mesh-time" beeing used up a lot faster.

Perhaps the ESC have to be restarted after each speed run to release possible tension between spur and pinions. :unsure:

I am not aware that sensored motors would in any way be able to compensate.
I don't run with high kv, it's 1100kv 2028 motors with sensored.
And its only for speedrun this one 😊
Gonna get 4x new 4s 120c battery if i do 2 motors

Maybe the 1721 will give some problems with amp draw on 2 motor like Raz with he blow up motor 😊

But i don't know what I what to do yet 😊

If you could post the link to that Raz video - if it's not too much effort. That would be helpful.

I don't run with high kv, it's 1100kv 2028 motors with sensored.
And its only for speedrun this one 😊
Gonna get 4x new 4s 120c battery if i do 2 motors

Maybe the 1721 will give some problems with amp draw on 2 motor like Raz with he blow up motor 😊

But i don't know what I what to do yet 😊
You could also use those batteries for an 8S parallel setup with one motor :) That's what I plan on doing with mine at some point in the future.

Looking forward to this build 😀
Nice to hear 😊
You could also use those batteries for an 8S parallel setup with one motor :) That's what I plan on doing with mine at some point in the future.
So far it's a single setup, if there is room for parallel i go for that for sure, looks like it gives some serious power 😁

I like to keep the stock body a couple of runs ☺️

Working on it now, this is how i mount it op

Esc is mounted with 4 bolt's and a rubber plate under the ESC, but this is more solid than double sided tape 😁

View attachment 243107
For the ESC & servo mounts, did you make it purchase? If purchased, can you, please, provide the link(s)? The CF plate you used for the servo is similar (albeit, bigger) to the ones I used for mounting the two micro servos in my VS4-10 Phoenix (for DIG & OD shifting).

For the ESC & servo mounts, did you make it purchase? If purchased, can you, please, provide the link(s)? The CF plate you used for the servo is similar (albeit, bigger) to the ones I used for mounting the two micro servos in my VS4-10 Phoenix (for DIG & OD shifting).
The Esc plate is a 2mm rubber plate, mount the Esc from the underside of the chassis
The servo Mount is from Alza Racing
https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/limitless/158-limitless-servo-tray-plus.html
Got them in my both limitless, super solid setup

I have ordered the servo saver delete thing from Scorched Rc
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/product...lete-arrma-infraction-limitless-felony-typhon

The Esc plate is a 2mm rubber plate, mount the Esc from the underside of the chassis
The servo Mount is from Alza Racing
https://shop.alza-racing.com/en/limitless/158-limitless-servo-tray-plus.html
Got them in my both limitless, super solid setup

I have ordered the servo saver delete thing from Scorched Rc
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/product...lete-arrma-infraction-limitless-felony-typhon
Thanks for that info. Will order the servo mount (and, possibly, the servo saver eliminator) when next paycheck comes in.

As for mounting the ESC, I'm assuming that the M4 holes on the bottom of the XLX2 line up with countersunk holes on the Lim V2 chassis?

Thanks for that info. Will order the servo mount (and, possibly, the servo saver eliminator) when next paycheck comes in.

As for mounting the ESC, I'm assuming that the M4 holes on the bottom of the XLX2 line up with countersunk holes on the Lim V2 chassis?
You are welcome 🙂 i also made new holes in the chassis for the servo Mount, stock position fits perfectly, mine is turn with new m3 countersink holes in the chassis

With stock position there wasn't room for the xlx2,

Got 7mm from battery box to the Esc , my new battery is 157mm

Stock
DSC_3792.JPG

My setup
DSC_3824.JPG

No i drill out 4 new m3 holes, both my XLX2 has M3 screws Hole's
I made a template of a old chassis, i take a picture of it tomorrow if it's interesting?

You are welcome 🙂 i also made new holes in the chassis for the servo Mount, stock position fits perfectly, mine is turn with new m3 countersink holes in the chassis

With stock position there wasn't room for the xlx2,

Got 7mm from battery box to the Esc , my new battery is 157mm

Stock
View attachment 243191

My setup
View attachment 243192

No i drill out 4 new m3 holes, both my XLX2 has M3 screws Hole's
I made a template of a old chassis, i take a picture of it tomorrow if it's interesting?
Oops...I misread Castle's template...my brain 'transposed' "4xM3" into "M4".

Unfortunately, I don't have the equipment to drill holes, or create countersunk holes. My "power tools" consist of a handheld cordless drill, a Dremel, and an electric screwdriver. I know it's (probably) possible to use the cordless drill...but, I'd never trust myself in keeping that thing at a 'perfect' 90-degrees to the chassis in order to create countersunk holes. Gotta is the V1, right? If so, I'm guessing it shouldn't be a 'problem', as the V2 already has a shorter battery tray, and (supposedly) already has room for the XLX2. Even mounting that servo mount in it's 'regular' position (which leaves room for the Rx), I'm guessing there should still be enough room for the XLX2.

Last edited:
Oops...I misread Castle's template...my brain 'transposed' "4xM3" into "M4".

Unfortunately, I don't have the equipment to drill holes, or create countersunk holes. My "power tools" consist of a handheld cordless drill, a Dremel, and an electric screwdriver. I know it's (probably) possible to use the cordless drill...but, I'd never trust myself in keeping that thing at a 'perfect' 90-degrees to the chassis in order to create countersunk holes. Gotta is the V1, right? If so, I'm guessing it shouldn't be a 'problem', as the V2 already has a shorter battery tray, and (supposedly) already has room for the XLX2. Even mounting that servo mount in it's 'regular' position (which leaves room for the Rx), I'm guessing there should still be enough room for the XLX2.
Is a v2 Limitless 😁 brand new out of box yesterday

Yeah normal Rx servo tray the XLX2 fits, but hitting the body

The new battery tray is so small compared to the old v1

DSC_3781.JPG

DSC_3780.JPG

Is a v2 Limitless 😁 brand new out of box yesterday

Yeah normal Rx servo tray the XLX2 fits, but hitting the body

The new battery tray is so small compared to the old v1

View attachment 243200
View attachment 243201
Does completely removing the battery tray eliminate the problem of the body hitting the XLX2? In other words, if the stock ESC/servo/Rx tray-box is removed, and is replaced with the Alza Servo Plate Plust (Including optional Receiver Extension Plate), 1) does the XLX2 still fit (especially roasted as you have yours, longitudely), and 2) does the body still hit?

I haven't decided whether I'll stick with the stock body, or go with a 3rd-party (such as Delta Plastik) body...although, I do really their 8501 Toyota GT One body, and the 8505 Prototype IR body...but, I am leaning towards a 3rd-party body.

Does completely removing the battery tray eliminate the problem of the body hitting the XLX2? In other words, if the stock ESC/servo/Rx tray-box is removed, and is replaced with the Alza Servo Plate Plust (Including optional Receiver Extension Plate), 1) does the XLX2 still fit (especially roasted as you have yours, longitudely), and 2) does the body still hit?

I haven't decided whether I'll stick with the stock body, or go with a 3rd-party (such as Delta Plastik) body...although, I do really their 8501 Toyota GT One body, and the 8505 Prototype IR body...but, I am leaning towards a 3rd-party body.
The way i mounted my xlx2 does not hit the body no more

I will take some pictures tomorrow

If i go for 2 motors i also going to get a delta fc100

Got a couple done over the time
is broken

Yeah...than Seven65 is another I'd be considering. I've used (in USGT class), and REALLY like, their 1/10 bodies. I know it's not the fastest, but I loved the Lamborghini-inspired AGATA...I've always been a big Lamborghini fan (I was driving for them at this year's Concourse d'Elegance at Pebble Beach. Here's just a few of the Lambos I was blessed to be surrounded by.

20220821_124318.jpg

20220821_124651.jpg

20220821_124454.jpg

20220821_100413.jpg

20220819_141952.jpg

Yeah...than Seven65 is another I'd be considering. I've used (in USGT class), and REALLY like, their 1/10 bodies. I know it's not the fastest, but I loved the Lamborghini-inspired AGATA...I've always been a big Lamborghini fan (I was driving for them at this year's Concourse d'Elegance at Pebble Beach. Here's just a few of the Lambos I was blessed to be surrounded by.

View attachment 243233

View attachment 243234

View attachment 243235

View attachment 243236

View attachment 243237
Oh you mean Audi 😂😂😂
I don't think they are meant for speedrun those bitty , mine bitty is so flimsy, almost gets wing's 🙂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back