Limitless Limitless w/ Hobbywing Max8 Combo 6S overheating. Please post any suggestions to cool the car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have the budget for it and don't mind waiting till the release the new XLX 2 runs cold as ice. MSRP 249.00
Most people who put large 1/5 scale ESCs in the car run a center brace like this to solve mounting:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-C...v=DefaultOrganic&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1
Hi liberty mkiii thanks again for taking the time to reply! Its poop that I have to mess about when I already have a combo in it, I think I'm going to go with the max6 and attaching fans and all, I know u said that it might not be sufficient but that's the one I can afford, if i have any hick ups then I'll save up for the max5 or swap it for an infraction which I see a lot of people running the blx 185 and 2050kv motor in it and have no problems so that's annoying lol

Hi liberty mkiii thanks again for taking the time to reply! Its poop that I have to mess about when I already have a combo in it, I think I'm going to go with the max6 and attaching fans and all, I know u said that it might not be sufficient but that's the one I can afford, if i have any hick ups then I'll save up for the max5 or swap it for an infraction which I see a lot of people running the blx 185 and 2050kv motor in it and have no problems so that's annoying lol
I never know people's budget... some on here are rolling in the cash. Nothing wrong with going with the Max6 and adding fans.

It is very possible you can make some small adjustments on the setup you have and get it to run cool. That is if you are willing to sacrifice some speed. Your motor makes about 200-300kv more than the BLX 2050kv (it has been tested around 1915kv). To be apples to apples you would need to gear down slightly and get a fan. You could increase the spur gear to 50T from one of the other 6s cars or gear down the pinion ( if it will reach the spur). Or possibly doing both the larger spur and smaller pinion. If you gear down far enough it would be a cake walk to move that car.

Might be worth a shot...
Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back