Limitless Limitless with blx 2050 and gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raynist

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Talion
  11. Typhon 6s
Just ordered a limitless.

I already have an extra blx 2050 and 185 esc that I plan to use to start.

There is a big school/church parking lot nearby that I plan to use this at.

I am not looking to go 100mph at this time but maybe closer to 75-80 with great and keep the temps low.

Should I use the gearing that comes with the Limitless kit or change the pinion to something smaller? Maybe a different spur gear or is the stock gearing ok to use?

What is the benefit/downside to changing the differential to an infraction differential? I already have an infraction that I use to bash around at this same lot. Not really looking to bash this. Just want something faster for speed runs.

Thanks!
Ray

Stock gearing is for speed runs only with that setup. You will get the speeds you’re looking for, but it will run hot if bashing. You either need a bigger motor and ESC or smaller gearing. Best way to gear down is get a larger spur. Going smaller pinion is hard with that motor mount with the stock spur.

I will likely get a bigger motor/esc at some point but to keep the cost down right now I will go with what I have.

spur gear seems like the easiest and cheapest way to gear down.

what size would be good?

20t no more then 25t things will heat up and possible ESC cut off. Unless you have GCRC fans ;)

Just start with the smallest pinion you have that can touch the 34T spool of the limitless. If it runs hot, switch to the infraction diff it will give you just that extra range to drop the pinion further. If it stays cool you can increase the pinion.

The bigger the can the cooler it stays and the more potential it has. If you wanna keep the battery trays/motor mount, you can fit up to 42x91

Last edited:
20t no more then 25t things will heat up and possible ESC cut off. Unless you have GCRC fans ;)
What are the GCRC fans? 20T for the pinion?

You can use just about any 8mm bore spur or pinion gear with some creativity. But to be honest, I would just throw in the center diff from the Infraction (46T) or any of the other 6S rigs (50T). That would be the simplest swap.

You can use just about any 8mm bore spur or pinion gear with some creativity. But to be honest, I would just throw in the center diff from the Infraction (46T) or any of the other 6S rigs (50T). That would be the simplest swap.
Thanks. I may do this - then I could keep the stock pinion and spur?

46 or 50t center diff better?

Thanks. I may do this - then I could keep the stock pinion and spur?

46 or 50t center diff better?
Not much difference tbh. Not enough to worry. Get the one that’s easiest or cheapest.

Not much difference tbh. Not enough to worry. Get the one that’s easiest or cheapest.
Thanks.

50t is cheapest by far.

is it just a drop in replacement - nothing else to change?

Im in the same boat. Gearing up to 39/25. The 34/27 with 2050 kv gets way too hot. Gonna get a 40 to hear down even more.

I ended up with the 50T center diff and a 22T pinion (had it laying around).

What top speed should I see with the Arrma 2050 motor?

played around on my street and got 63mph. I am sure it has more in it as I had to brake just as it was hitting its stride

played around on my street and got 63mph. I am sure it has more in it as I had to brake just as it was hitting its stride

My calculator says 70.35 MPH which is an ideal number - so 63 MPH is probably close.

Thanks!

what calc are you using?

hoping to go 80. thinking I need the 46t diff instead of the 50. Seems I may be able to fit a 23/24T pinion but that is all.

probably have more options with the 46t unless there is a different motor mount or I dremel....

Last edited:

You are not going to get any faster than high 70's or 80 MPH with your set up. Also if you are serious about speed, drop your punch all the way down. And find some open space. You have plenty of room for taller gearing. I would have used the spool. Mistake to not use it. ?‍♂️

You are not going to get any faster than high 70's or 80 MPH with your set up. Also if you are serious about speed, drop your punch all the way down. And find some open space. You have plenty of room for taller gearing. I would have used the spool. Mistake to not use it. ?‍♂️

I can still use it - I didn’t get rid of it.

looking to go 75/80 but still be able to bash around a big parking lot. Thought the spool wasn’t good for turns, only speed/straight line?

I agree. But I have both the Lim and Infr.
Infr is all stock. The diff works against you at a certain speed. If you want bash and drift, yes the spool is no good at all. Spool will keep the lim much more directional. The Lim in general doesn't like to drift even with a diff. The Lim is ass heavy, IMHO compared to the Infr. and has a LCG. The Lim struggles to drift in general. ?‍♂️

Edit:
My Lim turns on a dime with the spool, but it is so locked that it wont drift as easily at all compared to a center diff. Power slides are hard to do.
With a spool it turns like it is hooked up solid. You could do technical driving no issue. Just hard to push it loose.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back