Limitless Limitless with blx 2050 and gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have an all stock infraction.

Maybe I will toss in the locked diff and try it out with the limitless

not sure what pinion to use with my 2050 motor and 185 ESC though.

I ordered a 44T 8mm pinion from SagaCustomRc to use on the spool.

Thanks!

what calc are you using?

hoping to go 80. thinking I need the 46t diff instead of the 50. Seems I may be able to fit a 23/24T pinion but that is all.

probably have more options with the 46t unless there is a different motor mount or I dremel....

I'm using the Bolospeed calculator.

Yeah, go with the 46T diff ... or there are some aftermarket spur gears with smaller teeth if you want a center diff (I think they have from 42T to 46T (https://www.ebay.com/itm/40T-HD-Steel-Spur-Gear-for-Arrma-Kraton-Outcast-Talion-Typhon/333608100864) - otherwise you can always bump up the teeth on the spool as well. Arrma sells a 39T center spool gear (up from the factory 34T).

LIm stock spool is 34T ( 8mm Bore). The included pinion is 27t. The smallest the motor mount will accept. I tried a 30t pinion, It is ballistic. But watch your fans. It will get hot with 34 sp./27pin. And its got long legs even with the 2050kv stocker on 6s. :cool: Its got to be good for 100mph easily with 30t pin.
34 spool will give you the best gearing options with the stock motor mount. ? If you are truly speed running it. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
You probably want to throw a cap pack on the ESC with that heavy gearing?

^^^any 35v minimum 6k+ microfarad pack... Killmode, Ripple
killer. Whatever. For a 6S rig.
Read up on proper installation. Important.

Went out and did 3 speed runs today before it got dark.

50T spur and 27T stock pinion got me to 77mph. Ran out of room so not sure if there are any more MPH to chase with this setup. Motor not even slightly warm but it was only about 40 degrees F at the time.

How can I calculate the theoretical top speed?

If you’re running the Hoons the theoretical speed would be approximately 98mph. 77mph is pretty good on the 50T. You won’t go much quicker than that. No need for a cap pack with that gearing.
Download an App to calculate the speeds.

Went out and did 3 speed runs today before it got dark.

50T spur and 27T stock pinion got me to 77mph. Ran out of room so not sure if there are any more MPH to chase with this setup. Motor not even slightly warm but it was only about 40 degrees F at the time.

How can I calculate the theoretical top speed?
I have been struggling with my limitless with the gearings, I have the spektrum 2050kv, 6S, 100c I havnt exceed the 60mph

These are my numbers
32/34 got 60mph
27/35 got 55mph
27/46 got 50mph

My stock infraction in the same place, same condition gear 25/46 got 80 mph very easy.

So, do you think I have to do the same as you 27/50 to gain more speed or is something wrong with my car?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back