Lipo 2s not compatible

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmyRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a way to connect my new Lipo battery to my granite 550 mega…maybe a different adapter?? See pics … thanks

24ADCA04-A5EB-4710-BA8E-036D2D29887D.jpeg

A70CF8AB-A3D4-41EF-AD36-245087F39EC5.jpeg

8867DFA6-A0FA-40B8-AA54-924265DC2513.jpeg

Sounds good thanks … how far down the wire would you suggest I cut … past the “fat” part or before?
I wouldn’t cut much of the wire off. Just before the connector.

A word of caution - lipo batteries are dangerous. Please do your research or bring it to a local hobby shop if you aren’t sure how to tackle this.

One more question my esc connector has a middle slot (female end) is it alright to by pass that or do I have to find a plug that has the male end like my Nimh battery
Blue “EC5” and orange “IC5” are compatible with each other. IC5 is newer and simplifies the charging process, but you have to buy spectrum smart batteries to take advantage of the benefits. They’re pricey.

The battery you purchased can’t do that so the blue connector is just fine (and cheaper). It’ll plug into the orange connector just fine.

In case you’re curious, here’s the comparable IC5 connector:
Spektrum Connector: IC5 Battery (2), SPMXCA501 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HP5ZNTB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_B5FVSA4NP2TJ7KVXXBJ0

Sounds good thanks … how far down the wire would you suggest I cut … past the “fat” part or before?
Better yet, don't cut the wire. Slice off the plastic "fat part" - but the outer layer only. This is the heat shrink. Try not to cut the cable insulation - this is the plastic coating around the wires. If you use a new exact-o blade, you can control the cut and get only the heat shrink. If you knife is dull, the heat shrink can be like a armor coating, though. Also very important - only do one wire at a time. You don't want both leads with exposed wire - this makes it easy to touch them, and this will make a BIG spark, maybe a fire, maybe damage the battery (or other equipment)

Steps -
1. Cut black heat shrink.
2. De-solder black wire
3. add new heat shrink to black wire
4. Resolder Black lead to new plug (-)
5. Slide Heatshrink down over solder and shrink it with a lighter/heat gun.

Then Repeat for the red (+) wire.

When you get to step 5 and realize you skipped step 3, don't beat yourself up too bad, we have all done it... LOL

EDIT - Oh, if you are using EC5 plugs, and only have the wire insulation trimmed back to show only about 1/8" of bare wire, then you should not need heat shrink. The plug will cover the wire fine. But - make sure you snap the black wire into the plug (make it safe) before you start work on the red.

Better yet, don't cut the wire. Slice off the plastic "fat part" - but the outer layer only. This is the heat shrink. Try not to cut the cable insulation - this is the plastic coating around the wires. If you use a new exact-o blade, you can control the cut and get only the heat shrink. If you knife is dull, the heat shrink can be like a armor coating, though. Also very important - only do one wire at a time. You don't want both leads with exposed wire - this makes it easy to touch them, and this will make a BIG spark, maybe a fire, maybe damage the battery (or other equipment)

Steps -
1. Cut black heat shrink.
2. De-solder black wire
3. add new heat shrink to black wire
4. Resolder Black lead to new plug (-)
5. Slide Heatshrink down over solder and shrink it with a lighter/heat gun.

Then Repeat for the red (+) wire.

When you get to step 5 and realize you skipped step 3, don't beat yourself up too bad, we have all done it... LOL

EDIT - Oh, if you are using EC5 plugs, and only have the wire insulation trimmed back to show only about 1/8" of bare wire, then you should not need heat shrink. The plug will cover the wire fine. But - make sure you snap the black wire into the plug (make it safe) before you start work on the red.
Right on … I completely understand now from everyone’s help here I’m blessed… my plug is actually a ic3 as labelled on plug (only realized after tips from above from other member) so I will purchase a ec3 and follow directions thank you again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back