Lipo 5200mAh to 50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewcity414

King of questions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Quick question I use the balance charge on my battery and after a charging session my screen says 4300 but my capacity is 5200. Is this a sign that the battery life is decreasing? It takes about 31 minutes to charge...

Is there a chance the screen is showing how much charge the battery has been given rather than what it's been charged to ?

Keep in mind you aren't running the battery all the way down to keep from over discharge. That's what the low voltage cutoff is for. I never watched mine that close, but that seems about right (ish).

The charger is showing you how much energy it put into the battery since the start of the charge.

That sounds about right if the battery was near LVC at the start.

It depends on how low the manufacturer of the battery you have started to determine what it holds. Many people only run down to 3.5V per cell for safety and to help the packs last longer. But, if you run the pack down to 3.2V, it would take more than a pack starting at 3.5V to fully charge.

I have to say though, most of my SMC packs take very near the rated capacity if I charge them from 3.4V/3.5V. More if I run them on my traxxas vxl-3S esc as it has the doesn't allow you to adjust the LVC and it goes lower than 3.5 like I have it set on all my other RC's. I think it goes down to 3.2 or 3.3 before hitting LVC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back