LiPo 6S battery for Kraton V4 (IC5/EC5 connectors)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thg

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Is it possible to buy adaptors from XT90 to IC5/EC5 connectors for the new Kraton V4, so it's possible to use XT90 battery?

Or can any recommend a good LiPo 6S min. 5000 mAh, min. 50C with IC5/EC5 connectors?

You can always find adaptors, but they aren't always the best idea. I still use them here and there, but ultimately it's wise to change out the mismatched connector on one end or the other.

Here's some that came up with a quick Amazon search.
3pcs No Wires Connector: Female EC5 to XT90 / XT-90 Male - Heavy Duty Adapter(BDHI-02) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8QT2WY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RYqNCbGSN5GCX

Any run or try the Spektrum Smart LiPo battery14.8v 5000 mAh 4S 30C with Spektrum Smart charger? Is the 30C going to be enough for new 2019 Arrma vechicles?
Thinking of purchasing Spektrum battery & charger with a 2019 Arrma. Thoughts?

Any run or try the Spektrum Smart LiPo battery14.8v 5000 mAh 4S 30C with Spektrum Smart charger? Is the 30C going to be enough for new 2019 Arrma vechicles?
Thinking of purchasing Spektrum battery & charger with a 2019 Arrma. Thoughts?

Minimum recommended ‘C’ rating is still 35C. The Esc and motor remain the same as the v3.

Yeah, can’t say I’m happy with the change.
It's a Horizon Hobby thing. They have to push their brands, so it was inevitable that something on the new trucks had to change. I'm happy that they left the motor and esc alone...............for now.

It's a Horizon Hobby thing. They have to push their brands, so it was inevitable that something on the new trucks had to change. I'm happy that they left the motor and esc alone...............for now.

Yeah, suppose messing with the connectors and the radio is better than the motor and esc.
It won’t stop me picking up a new Kraton if that’s how I end up leaning though, the other cars I’m looking at all use Deans connectors. ?

I'm told NOT to buy these for my Kraton, they are 6s 20C continuous, 40C burst. 5000mAh. $45US. Has anyone ever seen a chart or measured, the power draw of these BLX systems? Please give me your thoughts?

https://chinahobbyline.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=250&fbclid=IwAR3kJYarkdkbM3WkxVw1EafzPkhmPACGS2E8VEaGPpeexnLpIYy-Yw6TwFs

I haven’t seen a power draw chart, however the manual is clear, minimum 5000mah, 35C.
If you choose to disregard the manufacturer instructions you should expect to encounter issues that will not be supported under warranty. It’s upto you if you think the risk is worth it.

I haven’t seen a power draw chart, however the manual is clear, minimum 5000mah, 35C.
If you choose to disregard the manufacturer instructions you should expect to encounter issues that will not be supported under warranty. It’s upto you if you think the risk is worth it.
Thanks for pointing out the 35C in the manual, I missed that, it was under the blx section (pg19) not the battery section. but it doesn't say continuous or peak. As for warranty, you can't hurt an RC by running a battery with two low of a C rating.. you can hurt your performance, the battery could heat up, but my crappy battery isn't! and the car goes like He double hockey stick! so I am wondering if more is really needed.
I was given a battery when I bought my used V2. It's a 6s 2900mAh 30C continuous = 87Amp and it doesn't even get warm.
My background is planes and racing quads. with my quads.. those batteries got hot! too hot to touch after a hard run. Batteries are dead in under 3 minutes when racing. Very fast discharge rate. Never had one explode or catch fire.. you just set them to the side let them cool for 10min then charge them up and go again. this is why I was thinking a 20C continuous / 40C peak might be ok. but I don't want to hurt the potential of the car, for an extra $30 I can get a 50C, ahh. money money money.

I bit the bullet.. for sure no issues with this one.. Still may buy that cheap one and give it a try though ;)
HRB 6S 5000mAh 22.2v 50C-100C RC Lipo Battery with XT90

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing out the 35C in the manual, I missed that, it was under the blx section (pg19) not the battery section. but it doesn't say continuous or peak. As for warranty, you can't hurt an RC by running a battery with two low of a C rating.. you can hurt your performance, the battery could heat up, but my crappy battery isn't! and the car goes like He double hockey stick! so I am wondering if more is really needed.
I was given a battery when I bought my used V2. It's a 6s 2900mAh 30C continuous = 87Amp and it doesn't even get warm.
My background is planes and racing quads. with my quads.. those batteries got hot! too hot to touch after a hard run. Batteries are dead in under 3 minutes when racing. Very fast discharge rate. Never had one explode or catch fire.. you just set them to the side let them cool for 10min then charge them up and go again. this is why I was thinking a 20C continuous / 40C peak might be ok. but I don't want to hurt the potential of the car, for an extra $30 I can get a 50C, ahh. money money money

Personally, from my limited experience running an Arrma Talion, Notorious and Typhon I find that the lower the C rating the lower the performance and I wouldn't run anything rated below 5000mah/40C continuous.

As the manual states the minimum requirements for the ESC I would not use something rated lower. The risk is yours, so long as you accept it, then you can run whatever you like.

My background is planes and racing quads. with my quads.. those batteries got hot! too hot to touch after a hard run. Batteries are dead in under 3 minutes when racing. Very fast discharge rate. Never had one explode or catch fire.. you just set them to the side let them cool for 10min then charge them up and go again. this is why I was thinking a 20C continuous / 40C peak might be ok. but I don't want to hurt the potential of the car, for an extra $30 I can get a 50C, ahh. money money money.

I bit the bullet.. for sure no issues with this one.. Still may buy that cheap one and give it a try though ;)
HRB 6S 5000mAh 22.2v 50C-100C RC Lipo Battery with XT90
I have that HRB battery. I used it today on my V4.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back