LiPo 6S battery for Kraton V4 (IC5/EC5 connectors)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for warranty, you can't hurt an RC by running a battery with two low of a C rating.. you can hurt your performance, the battery could heat up, but my crappy battery isn't!

I bit the bullet.. for sure no issues with this one.. Still may buy that cheap one and give it a try though ;)
HRB 6S 5000mAh 22.2v 50C-100C RC Lipo Battery with XT90
Not correct. ESC's convert your battery's voltage into AC current to your motor. When you mash the gas, the motor GOES. It doesn't care what the esc is, it goes. The battery gives the motor the current it needs to go, however it must pass through the esc to do the conversion.

Your esc has capacitors in it. They give some charge to your motor on really hard launches where the amp draw is huge. No problem, doesn't happen that often.

Now, if you use a battery that can't deliver the current, now your capacitors are working overtime and draining over and over. It wears them out. Worse yet, now that the capacitors are working super hard (especially in your case because that battery is really not even close to adequate for the application) they won't be able to filter out the ripple voltage into smooth voltage. Why does this bother you? The FET's hate ripple voltage. That's why the capacitors exist, to filter it out. When you overwork them, they can't filter it out. When any of the FETs in your esc die, your esc will let out the smoke. You need a battery that's rated for at least 5000mah and 35c continuous. Every battery is above 35c burst. The only ones below are meant for receivers. If they meant burst they would've never mentioned it. Yes it'll get the truck down the road but if you want that esc to last more then 30 runs, I'd look elsewhere.

I'd return it while you can, but hey, I'm just a random person on a forum is all.

Edit: short term effects will be higher esc temperatures, substancially high battery temperatures, shorter run times (compared to a higher c pack of the same manufacturer), and low torque/ low end grunt

Long term effects are much shorter battery life (compared to a higher discharge rating of the same manufacturer), and reduced ESC lifespan (depending on how under qualified you go with the battery, I've seen some last 20 runs on low c packs, others last around 80, but both are bad lifespans.. that guy who only got 20 runs ran an extremely low c pack like the one you purchased, the guy who got 80 was using a 30c cont.)

EDIT I'm stupid, I though that that said 20C-40C HRB. Smart purchase dude. I don't like hrb but that's a good rating so it shouldn't have any problems.

Last edited:
Is it possible to buy adaptors from XT90 to IC5/EC5 connectors for the new Kraton V4, so it's possible to use XT90 battery?

Or can any recommend a good LiPo 6S min. 5000 mAh, min. 50C with IC5/EC5 connectors?
Smc has good 6s batteries just purchased 2 and they give you the option for ec5 connector

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back