Lipo 6s burned out during charging,need a new battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriLiam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Yesterday my 6slipo burned out during charging and burned also the battery charger and some krato spare parts... thanks god my real car was not touched by the flames, but the rest of the garage need to to be cleaned up and new painted. So far so good, next time I will charge the lipos in an old army box to be sure that the flames are contained. Now the big issue.......what kind of battery charger can I buy? I would take a hota back but the time for delivery is too much! What would you guys buy on amazon?

Hello Rome.... take time to research what you’re looking for, charger and batteries. If Amazon is how you are going to go there are many options.

Spektrum chargers and batteries are pretty slick and seem very stable.

I used until yesterday a hota dual ... it was fast, stable, safe...it burned out due to the explosion ?. I want something very fast 300w/400w

6s battery was in charge without to be balanced. I checked out all other batteries and I found out that all lipos were out of balance. It was very little puffy but worked well until it burned out. 5cells ok 1 cell 0,2?

Whenever you see a cell below 3V, dispose of it safely. There is no coming back from the dead without some serious side effects.
Charger wouldn't charge it, I bet, and you had the balance plug disconnected.

Always connect the balance leads.

Whenever you see a cell below 3V, dispose of it safely. There is no coming back from the dead without some serious side effects.
Charger wouldn't charge it, I bet, and you had the balance plug disconnected.

Always connect the balance leads.
While this is sage advice, I did bring a 2.8 per cell pack back with a trickle NiMH charge up to 3.2 and then a balance to 4.2, discharged back to 3.6 and then storage charge to 3.8. All cells balanced and it works fine today. ??

I just picked up 2 metal ammo boxes from Harbor Freight for $11+ each. Now im going to get a good metal tool box and charge batteries in that.

While this is sage advice, I did bring a 2.8 per cell pack back with a trickle NiMH charge up to 3.2 and then a balance to 4.2, discharged back to 3.6 and then storage charge to 3.8. All cells balanced and it works fine today. ??
Respect!

My recommendation take your loss and dispose safely, it's dead.

The almost sure to start a fire approach.
Do this outside and be ready for a fire.
Change charger to NiCd mode, set to closest voltage value, set current to 1A and charge for 10min with a lipo checker on the balance plug. If no movement after 10min its truly dead, else monitor closely until it gets to 3V and from there charge like a lipo.

That implies that you do not have a broken wire on that cell. 10 min will be fairly safe but be ready to cut power and make a video ?

HTRC T400 PRO Caricabatterie Lipo Duo Channel, Touch Caricabatterie Bilanciato DC 400W AC 200W 12A, Caricabatterie RC per LiPo LiHV Life Lilon NiCd NiMh Pb Smart Batteria https://www.amazon.it/dp/B08B83NBKD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mTNGFbM0FR0VZ

I do NOT recommend. Just bought this last week and had to return it three days later after is started just spitting out battery disconnect errors for no reason. The touch screen is really cool but the charger was crap. For a cheap Amazon charger I'd recommend SkyRC imax. I've had one of those for awhile now and it has worked flawlessly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back