LiPo and charger questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bean

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
How far from 3.8V should a storage voltage LiPo be at max? Some of mine are around 3.75, but the charger refuses to charge them more.

What's the max difference cells should have? Mine are around 0.017V. (36% max, 30% min)

^^^.017v variance per cell is fine. Very minimal. In a perfect world they are all Equal. Just not in reality. A bad cell will obviously be way far out from the rest. What to watch for. Say .1v for instance. NG.
Do you have another way of checking the actual volts when at storage volts. A cell checker etc. Or a DVM. To compare actual voltage of the lipo cells.
3.8-3.85 volts is acceptable storage volts once fresh off a storage charge cycle at the charger.
Some chargers may not be calibrated well enough. Also, as Lipos get old and balancing between cells degrade with use, IR's increasing, resting voltage will degrade. This is normal. 3.75v is not tragic. If this is happening to any lipo you charge. Even a new Lipo, the charger is to blame for sure.
I can storage charge my lipos to 3.8v. Verified by a DVM , yet an hour later they fall off to 3.78v for instance. When lipos sit over time there will always be a voltage drop. Normal. Getting gradually worse as they age. After many cycles.(n)

Last edited:
Think of each cell as a separate individual battery. They rarely are perfectly identical.
With Lipos, they must be very close in voltage to work in series. And down to the hundreth of a Volt.
1 tenth/volt off is not good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back