LiPo BALANCE/CHARGE & STORAGE HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you likely meant DC fan.

FYI @arelee most chargers have a very low discharge wattage rating. Yours happens to be 5 watts which is low indeed!
Connecting a DC fan or lightbulb will drain the battery significantly faster. I typically stop around 3.86v then move it to the charger to run a balanced discharge down to storage. I am using a dual fan made to plugin to the cigarette lighter in your car that draws around 20 watts oh high. It is pretty easy to connect some battery leads with alligator clips to the fan. It was a cheap $15.00 solution that I already had laying around.
Hey LibertyMKiii,

This charger,(the new replacement), really is extremely slow in "STORAGE" mode. Over 14 hours on one battery, and even then, the machine hadn't completed its cycle. All cells read 3.88v.

Do you have any suggestions for different chargers, (brand and model) options, that will work faster in Charge/Balance and Storage modes?

Many thank's.
Merry Christmas!

P.S. If you have a few minutes, check out the thread that I started= ROCKET BOOST KRATON 6S AND 8S.

Hey LibertyMKiii,

This charger,(the new replacement), really is extremely slow in "STORAGE" mode. Over 14 hours on one battery, and even then, the machine hadn't completed its cycle. All cells read 3.88v.

Do you have any suggestions for different chargers, (brand and model) options, that will work faster in Charge/Balance and Storage modes?

Many thank's.
Merry Christmas!

P.S. If you have a few minutes, check out the thread that I started= ROCKET BOOST KRATON 6S AND 8S.

I like the Hota chargers but this thread is a good read!
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/

Ideally you may want a separate discharger that can crank out some serious wattage consumption. This one looks interesting
ISDT FD-200 Smart Control Discharger 200W 25A Wireless APP Control Discharger Capacity 2-8S Lipo Battery Discharging https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VS2JSN9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ei5aEbT77VGGS

Last edited:
Thank's again Man!

Just make sure you ALWAYS balance charge. I also top off the batteries with a charge after balance charging.

Make sure you STORE your batts at 3.8v per cell if more than 1 day.

Thanks pretty much it. ALSO do not charge your batts if they were just ran. Let them cool off before charging again, LIPOS DO NOT like temperature changes and temperature changes while being charged
Thank's buddy.

No problem! Yes set amps to 5 amps (1C), I always charge at 1C, some charge at 2C depending on the lipo, but I rather wait a little longer to charge than taking a risk of stressing the pack or losing longevity.

As far as discharging, if you set the charger at 5 amps, the charger should discharge at a lower rate, depending on the charger, that's why it takes so much time to discharge a full pack. Hope this helps.
I have powerhobby 8000mah 15.2v I set my charger to storage mode and he charged my battery back to 15.2v this was after running today in my yard...also when I set to charge mode it charged to 16.8v this is normal? I want to storage my battery I should use discharge mode?

I have powerhobby 8000mah 15.2v I set my charger to storage mode and he charged my battery back to 15.2v this was after running today in my yard...also when I set to charge mode it charged to 16.8v this is normal? I want to storage my battery I should use discharge mode?
Holy thread revival batman! Thats over 3 years!

At 15.2v it sounds like you have a 4s HV lipo.... Normal to charge to 3.8V per cell for storage charge (15.2 total), and 4.2 V per cell (16.8V total) for full charge, but if it says 15.2 V on the battery package it is probably a LiHV battery so you could charge it to 4.35 V per cell for full charge, but you might not want to depending on what ESC you are running... post a picture of your battery and we can try to help you figure it out.

Long story short, storage is for storage, charge is for charge and discharge is only to be used when you want to kill your battery to throw it away.....LIHV can be dangerous unless you know what you are doing....

Holy thread revival batman! Thats over 3 years!

At 15.2v it sounds like you have a 4s HV lipo.... Normal to charge to 3.8V per cell for storage charge (15.2 total), and 4.2 V per cell (16.8V total) for full charge, but if it says 15.2 V on the battery package it is probably a LiHV battery so you could charge it to 4.35 V per cell for full charge, but you might not want to depending on what ESC you are running... post a picture of your battery and we can try to help you figure it out.

Long story short, storage is for storage, charge is for charge and discharge is only to be used when you want to kill your battery to throw it away.....LIHV can be dangerous unless you know what you are doing....
I storage my battery add 15.2v and I charging them att normal lipo battery to 16.8v I have the xlx2

I'm almost in the same situation as you. I just bought a 6S Kraton, same charger, new to RCs and still haven't used any of it since it's a Christmas gift...

However, I have been doing a ton of reading and found this video for the charger. This shows him setting up a battery for charging (link starts at the right point in the video)

From what I've read, it seems really basic to use and everything pretty much sets itself up.
I have that one and one of the best charges out there no complaints at all

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back