Kraton Lipo - Balance Delta V?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepijj221

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Few days ago I bought a Arrma Keaton. It came with 2 Lipo batteries: 2 x 2S 4000 mah.
Today I drove with the car and those 2 batteries plugged in till they were empty.
So I went charging the first battery and that went ok.
When I was about to start the Second battery it gave me an error: "Battery Check: Balanc Dlta V"
And it won't charge while i know the battery is empty...
Could someone explain what it means?

It sounds that you have a problem with you're balancer cable. Check the balancer plug, maybe you have a little dirt in one connector.
For the charger is important that all cells are connected.
What the Delta in the error message means should describe in the manual. Error messages could be different from brand to brand.
In the manuals of my chargers in nothing about Delta except Delta Peak within NiMh battery´s.

What do you mean, 'plugged in until they were empty'? That sounds like bad news for those lipos my friend! Chances are very good that if a charger is giving you balancing errors it is due to a bad battery or more specifically a bad cell.

A charger set to nimh should ignore the balance tap so I doubt that's it.

Problem solved! The charger didn't balance charge if the voltage was lower than then the standard..
Bad charger....so I bought an Team Corraly Duo charger:)

You can sometimes hook one Lipo to another ++ to -- to bring the voltage of the lower one up. This way the charger will accept it once the voltage is back up. However... a parallel charging board will do the same thing.

Last edited:
So I think I have same problem 3s 7400 mAh 90c but like I seen above maybe dirt

Attachments

• IMG_20181122_101921046.jpg
    IMG_20181122_101921046.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20181122_115709511.jpg
    IMG_20181122_115709511.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 153
It was for my senton 3s blx um the first cell was to low so I brought it up them had to have them bring other to down to charge back up right

The hobby shop said the battery was ran to low so I ordered two new ones any idea how to get this to 100mph? What do I need?

Few days ago I bought a Arrma Keaton. It came with 2 Lipo batteries: 2 x 2S 4000 mah.
Today I drove with the car and those 2 batteries plugged in till they were empty.
So I went charging the first battery and that went ok.
When I was about to start the Second battery it gave me an error: "Battery Check: Balanc Dlta V"
And it won't charge while i know the battery is empty...
Could someone explain what it means?
Maybe it was because it wasn't completely dead?. Idk. Mine is still saying Balan DLTA V but I thought to take an install it to burn it down more. Also I'd be thinking maybe the balancer connection got wet when last driving in the rain puddles.

Maybe it was because it wasn't completely dead?. Idk. Mine is still saying Balan DLTA V but I thought to take an install it to burn it down more. Also I'd be thinking maybe the balancer connection got wet when last driving in the rain puddles.
Completely dead for lipos isnt a good thing. It kills the cells faster.

Problem solved! The charger didn't balance charge if the voltage was lower than then the standard..
Bad charger....so I bought an Team Corraly Duo charger:)
What is standard meaning?? Confused.

The hobby shop said the battery was ran to low so I ordered two new ones any idea how to get this to 100mph? What do I need?
first step is to get a lipo alarm and set it for no less than 3.5 V per cell...

https://www.amazon.com/Actume-Batte...cphy=9009746&hvtargid=pla-1021572855316&psc=1

while you are waiting for that to be delivered, read about proper LIPO storage, balance charging and storage charging.

Balance Charge at only 1C
Charge to no more than 4.2 V per cell
Storage charge to 3.85 V per cell
Don't discharge past 3.5 V per cell
Don't charge unattended.

Following those basic rules will keep your batteries delivering as many amps as possible which you will need for speed runs.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back