Lipo Balance Lead Wire Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jdmcivic

Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I'll try to post a picture later but one of the black wires from the balance lead of my 3s lipo pulled away from the pack itself...is it fixable or just replace it?

I wouldn’t solder it. Maybe you LHS has a skilled employee who could with out any trouble. Keep us posted on result.

Yep, wasn't too hard. Just mildly terrifying having that much power in your face and a wrong slip with an exacto removing the outer cover would make for an awful fire/smoke show in my office.
Why not do it outside for something so risky?

Must be quite the show dragging your rigs down to the car?
Hell, my “office” is upstairs at home and where I do the majority of my wrenching. It’s a pita to just haul my stuff up one flight, let alone third floor. Wow ?

Hell, my “office” is upstairs at home and where I do the majority of my wrenching. It’s a pita to just haul my stuff up one flight, let alone third floor. Wow ?
I'd almost think about building a pulley system to lower them the 3 flights and walk down. Not sure if that's feasible but hey, think of the calfs you'd build going up and down.

I'd almost think about building a pulley system to lower them the 3 flights and walk down. Not sure if that's feasible but hey, think of the calfs you'd build going up and down.
Just get a JLG ??

Must be quite the show dragging your rigs down to the car?
It's not fun... I use an HPI hauler bag. It can hold a 1/8th truck and 1/10th truck inside if I smash them down. The revo/outcast will stack on top of each other and it will zip closed.

Then the 4 lipo packs in the trucks and 4 more, along with parts, radio, tools, etc... if I had to guess, it's upwards of 70lbs to lug down the stairs. I'm intending on going to a different bmx track tomorrow now that school is in session. Took the day off. Hoping it's accessible or I'm going to waste 2 hours in my car (it's an hour away). Will be taking the outcast, ERBEv2 and stampede 4x4, so will likely make 2 trips to the car.

The other bmx track I've gone to many times this year is about 1/4 mile walk from my car to it. I bought a little folding wagon to put the bag on, made that walk 100 times easier and it also raises the bag up so I'm not sitting in the grass or standing on my head when getting things ready. Totally worth the $70 I spent on it.
2019-0721-FoldableWagonAndTruckBag.jpg

My outcast 6S and stampede 4x4 are in the bag there along with everything else I take.

Really wish they had provisioned the bag with a shoulder strap. Would make it easier getting it up/down the stairs. It has a handle and wheels, which help once I get it out of the building.

Just get a JLG ??
Good thinking, he can ride down with the rigs! And moonlight as the complexes window washer for some extra $$$. Also, could be hired to move folks in and out of the 2nd and third floor...possibilities are endless!
It's not fun... I use an HPI hauler bag. It can hold a 1/8th truck and 1/10th truck inside if I smash them down. The revo/outcast will stack on top of each other and it will zip closed.

Then the 4 lipo packs in the trucks and 4 more, along with parts, radio, tools, etc... if I had to guess, it's upwards of 70lbs to lug down the stairs. I'm intending on going to a different bmx track tomorrow now that school is in session. Took the day off. Hoping it's accessible or I'm going to waste 2 hours in my car (it's an hour away). Will be taking the outcast, ERBEv2 and stampede 4x4, so will likely make 2 trips to the car.

The other bmx track I've gone to many times this year is about 1/4 mile walk from my car to it. I bought a little folding wagon to put the bag on, made that walk 100 times easier and it also raises the bag up so I'm not sitting in the grass or standing on my head when getting things ready. Totally worth the $70 I spent on it.
2019-0721-FoldableWagonAndTruckBag.jpg

My outcast 6S and stampede 4x4 are in the bag there along with everything else I take.

Really wish they had provisioned the bag with a shoulder strap. Would make it easier getting it up/down the stairs. It has a handle and wheels, which help once I get it out of the building.
I can imagine...I have had to lug military gear up 3 to 5 flights of stairs in my day. Thats with weapon and flakvest...it wasnt not fun at all! The silver lining for you is that you get to enjoy bashing.

The silver lining for you is that you get to enjoy bashing.
Yep. I have to say though, after being out traipsing up and down the hills at the bmx track and/or skateparks bashing all day... those 3 flights of stairs are a formidable foe when I get home. lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back