Kraton Lipo batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charging several lipos on a Parallel Balance Board is ok if all the lipos are the same volts each pack, Same cell count, and all balanced well before charging.( 2,3,4 or 6s) You add up all the capacities and set your charger to the appropriate amps based on total of all capacities. That's fine. Make sure and use only a QUALITY bal. Board. The Chinesium stuff will fire up/ burn. trust me, Been there.
I use a Joshua Bardwell Signature bal. board (Fused). ISDT makes a decent one also.

Maybe others do it differently?? Most of my 6s packs are between 5500 and 6500Mah. They are fairly close in capacity anyway. Using a 24 400wat PSU D6 Duo. 2 of them to get many packs done faster.
Joshua Bardwell is a Quadcopter legend. His parallel charging boards are expensive but well worth it. They have 10 ports and fuses on BOTH the main lead as well as the parallel ports. I have accidently plugged a 4S into the 6S board (my 1500 mah 4S look identical to my 1250 mah 6S flight packs) and the fuse saved my ass. I have his boards in 3S, 4S and 6S.

He has a bunch of videos on charging lipos, testing lipos and even "breaking in" lipos. I highly recommend his YouTube channel and it is a must watch if you want to get into FPV drones.

@crisantos102 if you can point me to the manufacturers recommendation showing 5C I would do it. I can't find anything and therefore default is 1C. Not willing to risk my investment to cut down charge time to 15 min from 45min. At 5C the balancing will take up most of the charge time and that is always limited to ~1-2A no matter what you set the charge rate at.
I actually talked to one of them
I have a spektrum 6s lipo battery
Heres the number if they don't answer leave a call back number they called me back within 10-15 mins
877) 504-0233

I actually talked to one of them
I have a spektrum 6s lipo battery
Heres the number if they don't answer leave a call back number they called me back within 10-15 mins
877) 504-0233
The discussion was on a different brand, namely Gen# @ce. Spektrum has their charge rate advertised.

Umm no 5C is not fine and not normal. 5C = 30A charging, I doubt your charger could handle that to begin with. (24*30 = 720W)
5A for a 6000mAh is fine but will take a little longer. 1C or 6A is industry standard.

I'm pretty sure that a 5C charge rate will create some interesting Youtube videos on the one above.

Umm no 5C is not fine and not normal. 5C = 30A charging, I doubt your charger could handle that to begin with. (24*30 = 720W)
5A for a 6000mAh is fine but will take a little longer. 1C or 6A is industry standard.

I'm pretty sure that a 5C charge rate will create some interesting Youtube videos on the one above.
Ive been smashing 4 to 6c to all different named flight packs for years. Lol. All us flyers at the field do. Aint nobody got time for 1 hr charges.

Come to the dark side. Join a flight club.🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back