Notorious Lipo batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vchopra1007

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hello all I am new to Rc world. I just got a Arrma Notorious and loveit. I been trying to understand basic lipo maintenance after running the vehicle. Sorry I am a noob so many questions.

1. Should I discharge after each run if I do not drain the battery?

2. If battery is completely driained is there anything I need to do?

Once done put in lipo bag?

Welcome, and nice choice of RC. There are plenty of videos and post of lipo battery research done by many individuals online everywhere. There is a lot to learn about these lipos, due to that they can be dangerous if handled improperly or lack of knowledge. I don’t want to go on and on..... so I will just give you a few basic rules to increase the life of your expensive lipos.
  • Lipos don’t like heat, keep them out of the sun when you can
  • Charge them at the appropriate rate
  • Don’t drain them pass 3.75/cell ( I only drain mine down to 3.85/cell which is storage mode voltage for lipos )
  • Charge lipos when you are going to use them; not the night before your going out, or a few days in advance. If your lipos are not being used, they should always be in storage mode
  • When you have completed a session and your lipos are done, or even if you were interrupted and had to cut your session short, and your lipo was a bit higher of a voltage. Go home and charge/discharge the lipos into storage mode
  • Lipo bag is a great idea; an ammo box is even better
  • Grab a lipo voltage reader for quick readings out on the bashing floor
These are just a few things I do with my own lipos. Plenty of others maintain their lipos in a different way, and may find I’m a bit persnickety on how far I drain my lipos, and that I recommend to always have them in storage mode when not in use. However, I do have some lipos that operate flawlessly that are over 6 years old.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and share their thoughts as well..... this forum is overflowing with very passionate, knowledgeable members.

Last edited:
I always storage charge my lipo's after bashing and I charge them the morning I'm going to use them. Lipo's don't like being stored fully charged or discharged. When storing fully charged, it increases the internal resistance, which makes them not perform as well or last as long. Storing them fully drained runs the risk of having them self discharge below a safe voltage.

On the esc's that allow it, I adjust the LVC to 3.5V to avoid over discharging them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back