Lipo battery advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi,

I have recently bought a kraton v3 and was looking at the battery sizes. I currently have 3s 3000 mah 30 c lipos, will two of them work okay?

Read in the manual they are recommended a 35c? Would 5c make much of a difference?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, relatively new to the lipo world,

Cheers

You can try it. If the batteries cannot supply enough current the wires and batteries will get hot. Just check them every so often. The c rating is not super accurate and varies between battery brands so your 30c may be closer to some other brands 40c.

I wouldn't use them not only are you under the C rating, but you are under the mah rating by quite a bit! A 5000mah, 35C battery, in theory has a 175 amp output (5 amp hour X 35C = 175 amp). Your batteries are 3000mah, 30C which is a 90 amp output. (3 amp hour X 30C = 90 amp). I wouldn't try them as the batteries may overheat, swell or explode.

Thanks for the advice. I have a 5000mah 6s 35c battery for the kraton but was just thinking if it would work with the 2 3s 3000mah 30c. I will just leave the 3s lipos to the tamiyas and just use the proper battery for the kraton

The discharge C rating isn’t changed when running two packs vs just one. The discharge rate should never be lower on your lipo packs vs the car rating. This could result in your car burning to the ground. Don’t risk it. Simply buy the right packs to match your car. It’s not much more to buy the right packs.

I've been reading a lot about the C rating and it is just as chevys10zr2003 explained and even on top of that to be on the safe side they recommend that you put an 25% extra on top of what the ESC draws.
So I've been calculating
Minimal Amount of Amps needed is what a ESC draws plus 25%
Amperage needed = amount of A x C
SO FOR INSTANCE
a 5000 mHa is 5A
With a 50C discharge rating
Is 5A times 50C = 250 amps delivered

This is a table for what the ESC pulls
BLX100 The 3s 100 Amps x 1.25 = 125
BLX120 The 4s 120 Amps x 1.25 = 150
BLX185 The 6s 150 Amps x 1.25 = 190

So if you have a 35C lipo 5000mHa = 5A

5A x 35C = 175 Amps and without the {25% to be sure factor} U can see in the table above that 150 Amps pulled by the 6s BLX185 it would cover it but if you want to be sure that you are within the safe zone
(said 25%)
It's 150 x 1.25 = 190 so say what you CAN run on a 35C 5000mHa battery is the 100blx used in the 3s models AND you can run the 120blx used in the 4s models

BUT it's NOT enough for the 185blx used in the 6s models and higher
because they need 190 Amps and higher to work well properly.
So U need to be looking for a battery with a minimum of 45C and a minimum of 4500mHa to stay on the safe side. And that is MINIMUM so every thing higher on the C and the mHa should be more than enough to make a reliable and better running experience. And this will help you to run your car smoothly without having to worry about any problems on the battery side of things .
I hope you have a great time with your ARRMA CAR And that you are happy with the information.
Greetings from the Netherlands
Macspacey OUT
PEACE!!!!

Last edited:
Macspacey yet again for the answer to the question you asked.

So if you go and calculate your battery which is 3A x 30C = 90 Amps you are REALLY below the Minimum amount required for your car. Even if you would run a 3s model that uses a ESC 100BLX you will need to have 100 Amps Required to deliver enough juice to the ESC without the {25% make sure safe zone}
so the answer to can I use these batteries is NO!!! Definitely NOT!!! RECOMMENDED!!

It's time for some other batteries my friend, I'm sorry for the news. And I would recommend that you go out and buy
2packs
3cell lipo 11.1V = 3s lipo
with 5000mHa (or higher)
with a 45C (or higher) discharge rate.
And then you will never need to worry about it until you are on your third set of new tires ????

6s is much more expensive at the moment
Then 2 packs of 3s with the same amount of juice. And then there is another thing that can happen. If one of your cells is damaged along the way you can get a new 3s pack for less than a 6s, and if it would happen to a 6s pack one damaged cell you can throw away the 6s pack and then buy a new one for almost 3 times the price of a 3s pack. So if you run 2 times a 3s pack the only thing that is worth noting is the charging that you have to do is 2 times a 3s pack and 1 time for a 6s pack. And the geeks can argue that the most efficient way is 1 cable to the car is better than the two cables needed to run 2 times a 3s pack, but that is something so small an insignificant that is not a good enough argument imo. So be smart and buy 2packs 3s lipo for way less money than a 6s and make sure you get a 5000mHa with a minimum of 45C
As I mentioned earlier both may be higher than the example above but NOT LOWER!!
AND THEN YOU CAN GO AND START BASHING TO ALL YOUR HEARTS CONTENT

MACSPACEY OUT!
PEACE!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back