Lipo Battery BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanard

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Hi,

i'm having trouble deciding what lip batteries to get for my Fury BLX Brushless. I want to stick to the 2s 4000mah which is what they recommend, unless i can get better without ruining my esc/motor.
I was looking at the Floureon 2S 4000mah 30C batteries but to be honest, i haven't got a clue what would be best for my car. I want something that will last as long as possible.
Im currently getting just over 10 minutes with my standard 4000mah Nimh.
Does anyone have any good suggestions of lipo batteries that are cheapish also.

Cheers :)

If you are looking for max runtime, get the biggest capacity (mah) you can physically fit. I have an SMC 2s 7200 mah in my Granite BLX with length to spare. Runtimes are in the 45 minute range following the 80% rule.

If you are looking for max runtime, get the biggest capacity (mah) you can physically fit. I have an SMC 2s 7200 mah in my Granite BLX with length to spare. Runtimes are in the 45 minute range following the 80% rule.
Thanks for the reply, I assume yours is also the BLX80 then? what discharge are your lipo's rated too? I'm unsure how much this matters but like I say i don't want to kill my esc running the wrong battery. I've heard the higher the C the better.

Cheers

Yes, same esc. My lipo is rated 60c. Don't worry about going over... problems come up if you go too low. C x (mah / 1000) = minimum recommended amps. So if you go up on mah, C can come down and still get you the same amps. Or visa-versa. Normally you will be safe with almost any high capacity pack but it is always wise to double check with that equation.

Yes, same esc. My lipo is rated 60c. Don't worry about going over... problems come up if you go too low. C x (mah / 1000) = minimum recommended amps. So if you go up on mah, C can come down and still get you the same amps. Or visa-versa. Normally you will be safe with almost any high capacity pack but it is always wise to double check with that equation.
great, thanks for the help Dustin :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back