Senton LiPo battery connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi all, quick question for the more experienced. I have a gensacearespammers battery, and then I saw banggood has a Zop Power battery for about half the price. Thought I'd give it a go, but it comes with a XT60 connector. I bought a XT60 to EC5 adaptor and whilst the car runs fine, the battery life is crap.
I know there is "no such thing as a free lunch" (i.e. half the price battery is not going to be comparable to a 'full price' brand), but I was wondering if the adaptor is making it drain more quickly? Not sure if there is any reason for that to be the case, so thought I'd ask here.

The gensacearespammers is a 3s 5000mah 50c battery, and the Zop power is 3s 5000mah 60c battery. One was around £40, the other around £18.

Thanks all ?
Sorry, to clarify, the gensacearespammers runs about 25 mins, the Zop runs about 10.

I've tried zops many times, every one I received was over advertised on the mah... I can also tell you they do not like to get wet at all.. instant death.. the best budget lipo I've found are zeee brand... been running them for some time now and have had zero issues... and the best part is they are usually underrated..

I have 2 of the ZOP power 3s lipos and have not had any major issues so far. I've swapped out the XT60s for XT90s so can't comment on the provided ones. I will say however that adapters are generally not a good thing (Charging is ok) as it's one more piece of resistance in a pretty high powered chain. I noticed crappy runtime and hot batteries with an XT60 to EC5 adapter and thought it might have been the ESC or batteries having issues but as soon as I swapped out everything to XT90 everything has come (relatively) good. Its a PiTA to do and does void the warranty of things you buy but that is why I get the cheapo batteries anyway...

The adapters usually add resistance, and with resistance comes heat. I used to run a Deans to EC5 connector - same thing, short run times and it got HOT.

I think you should give it a chance, but solder EC5 on there.

And with more heat comes more resistance and more heat and... well you get the idea. The issue is also voltage drop under load as the battery gets smashed harder which can trigger the lipo low voltage cutoff earlier than expected.

Also, EC5 isn't the only option but its a good one out of the many different types available.

And with more heat comes more resistance and more heat and... well you get the idea. The issue is also voltage drop under load as the battery gets smashed harder which can trigger the lipo low voltage cutoff earlier than expected.

Also, EC5 isn't the only option but its a good one out of the many different types available.
Agreed. I was able to trigger LVC within 5 minutes while using the adapter on a 6200mAh 50C 3S that was freshly charged. I’m sure it just sags so much.

Editing nightmare. Thanks all. Will solder on an ec5, do a run time test before and after, see if there is any noticable difference. If nothing else, it may help someone else.
Or I might blow myself up with duff soldering technique, but again, it will be a lesson for others ?

Last edited:
Wait for Black Friday, last year China Hobby Line had some great deals. There batteries are some of the better ones you can buy, I've been using a pair of 70C 5000mah for the past 3 years and they haven't missed a beat. Also, they have a USA warehouse so shipping is pretty quick.

ZK

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back