Big Rock Lipo battery LVC at 3.75, ESC issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niko69

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m using 5000mah 3s Gen Ace 50C Lipo battery, I noticed that the cut off is at 3,75v. BR throttle go down to 25% after 15 minutes. The battery pack had only 3-4 cycle of balanced charge/discharge. The electronic is the stock one. Anyone could help me. Esc problem? Can I Fix it anyway? Thanks a lot for you feedback.

I’m using 5000mah 3s Gen Ace 50C Lipo battery, I noticed that the cut off is at 3,75v. BR throttle go down to 25% after 15 minutes. The battery pack had only 3-4 cycle of balanced charge/discharge. The electronic is the stock one. Anyone could help me. Esc problem? Can I Fix it anyway? Thanks a lot for you feedback.
Not really seeing what the issue is here. Your pack will get stronger after 10 cycles or so. 15 mins of run time is pretty normal, especially if you’re going pretty hard or in grass.

I'd say 15 mins is not too terrible, I usually get 15-20 mins on a 5000mah pack on my 3s rigs with the blx100 and blx120, just depends on how hard I drive it.

During the first half of 2020 the blx100s that were coming out seemed to have premature LVC when using 3s, so if you got yours before like July then maybe that might be the case with yours too. It later got fixed in firmware. If you got a 2s 5000mah pack maybe see if your packs go lower than 3.75 after a full run.

Also note that voltage sags when under load so if possible throw a cell voltage checker on the balance plug right after it cuts out to see if it's lower than 3.75. I've had packs hit lvc and I'll check the cells right after it cuts out and cells read around 3.4v, then I get home and check again after the pack has cooled down and it will read 3.6v -3.7v.

Agreed, this is normal and 3.75V is recovery , under load you are lower.
By all means your ESC has no clue what your cell voltage is and only goes by combined value.
No idea what BigRock stock ESC is, recent purchase? Typically you can set LVC but this looks spot on. At best, you squeeze out 1-2 more minutes by lowering LVC and risk damage to the Lipo. Not much to gain tbh.

Do a factory reset and make sure ur not in nimih mode on the esc
I checked the ESC is in Lipo mode
I'd say 15 mins is not too terrible, I usually get 15-20 mins on a 5000mah pack on my 3s rigs with the blx100 and blx120, just depends on how hard I drive it.

During the first half of 2020 the blx100s that were coming out seemed to have premature LVC when using 3s, so if you got yours before like July then maybe that might be the case with yours too. It later got fixed in firmware. If you got a 2s 5000mah pack maybe see if your packs go lower than 3.75 after a full run.

Also note that voltage sags when under load so if possible throw a cell voltage checker on the balance plug right after it cuts out to see if it's lower than 3.75. I've had packs hit lvc and I'll check the cells right after it cuts out and cells read around 3.4v, then I get home and check again after the pack has cooled down and it will read 3.6v -3.7v.
I bought BRCC in july, probably as you said the voltage under load is lower than 3.75v
Not really seeing what the issue is here. Your pack will get stronger after 10 cycles or so. 15 mins of run time is pretty normal, especially if you’re going pretty hard or in grass.
Yes I use BRCC in the grass

Last edited:
Which batteries do you suggest?
I run hrb and electron pro. The electron pro hold the better numbers. I have a 7600 man hard case and can get about 30 min on them

I checked the ESC is in Lipo mode

I bought BRCC in july, probably as you said the voltage under load is lower than 3.75v

Yes I use BRCC in the grass
Yeah grass will always cut your run time and make more heat. Best to just buy another lipo and give your truck a few mins to cool off while you change out your battery.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back