Granite Lipo battery out of the box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy p

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
When my lipo will comes, have I to first fully charge it or have i to run then car first until the batgery will be fully discharged? Please answer, I need your help.

It probably comes at a low charge for safety reasons, so definitely charge it up before you run.

Lipos don't have memory effect like older battery types so it can be topped up any time. No need to discharge.

Make sure you keep it at storage voltage when not running, for longest lifetime. And in a safe (fireproof) place, just in case. Charge it before running and storage charge when you're done.

It probably comes at a low charge for safety reasons, so definitely charge it up before you run.

Lipos don't have memory effect like older battery types so it can be topped up any time. No need to discharge.

Make sure you keep it at storage voltage when not running, for longest lifetime. And in a safe (fireproof) place, just in case. Charge it before running and storage charge when you're done.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate the fact you answered me, you helped me a lot.

Please understand how to charge and use lipos before you start. There is plenty info here, on YouTube and internet. Be safe.

Pick up a good liposack that can handle the capacity of battery you intend to use as well.

@nino mentioned good advice. Storage wise- I set my batteries for storage @3.8-3.83v per cell.

Do not charge over 4.2 volts per cell, and do not drop below 3.2v max per cell. People have varying opinions on the cutoff voltage, I personally call it quits at 3.7v per cell for most packs, and 3.6v per cell on newer ones. This is just where I chose to cut it off at- others may or may not go much lower than myself. See what the manufacturer of your batteries state.

Pick up a good liposack that can handle the capacity of battery you intend to use as well.

@nino mentioned good advice. Storage wise- I set my batteries for storage @3.8-3.83v per cell.

Do not charge over 4.2 volts per cell, and do not drop below 3.2v max per cell. People have varying opinions on the cutoff voltage, I personally call it quits at 3.7v per cell for most packs, and 3.6v per cell on newer ones. This is just where I chose to cut it off at- others may or may not go much lower than myself. See what the manufacturer of your batteries state.
Is the voltz vault a good Lipo sack?

Thanks a lot for the information buddy

Check your battery voltage when the ESC's low voltage cutoff kick in. Mine cuts off at 3.08 V/cell which is far too low. I run a separate voltage alarm now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back