Kraton Lipo battery protection!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
How do you guy keep your lipos from getting punctured with rocks? I usually cut lexan to fit all sides and then wrap with clear gorilla tape. It works but then I don’t know if it traps heat or damages them in some other way. What if anything do you guys suggest?

How do you guy keep your lipos from getting punctured with rocks? I usually cut lexan to fit all sides and then wrap with clear gorilla tape. It works but then I don’t know if it traps heat or damages them in some other way. What if anything do you guys suggest?
Buy hardcase and also memory foam use it under my motor too so when it slams down I takes some of the. Impact

How do you manage to puncture them?

Standard battery tray, foam underneath plus a dusty cover. Cover is mainly for the dust and grass but would keep out rocks as well.

I was recently asked why I made a battery platform for my speed runner when I could have just used battery strap hold downs and strap them directly to the chassis. Cushioning. The platform has rubber bushings elevating it firmly a quarter inch above the chassis.
Probably a moot point with a speed runner because such a setup benefits a jumper. But I wanted to try it and see if it was practical. If this build gets anywhere near the speed goal I've set for it(150mph) even an adamantium encased lipo reinforced with vibranium won't survive the crash. Lol
Still, nice way to reinforce your softpacks

Standard battery tray, foam underneath plus a dusty cover. Cover is mainly for the dust and grass but would keep out rocks as well

Standard battery tray, foam underneath plus a dusty cover. Cover is mainly for the dust and grass but would keep out rocks as well.
Small pieces of gravel get worked in between the battery tray. If you get a tiny hole in one of the cells that is all it takes for that cell to die. I’ve tried the dusty covers before and had heat issues. I have since upgraded my fans so I’ll give it another try.

Small pieces of gravel get worked in between the battery tray. If you get a tiny hole in one of the cells that is all it takes for that cell to die. I’ve tried the dusty covers before and had heat issues. I have since upgraded my fans so I’ll give it another try.
The cell more than dies. It burns. And leaves a reminder FOREVER. I swear, on hot days I STILL smell cooked lithium inside my truck and that incident happened almost 2 years ago ...

By all means, there is no room in my battery tray for anything to get in and yes, I do have a layer of duct tape on the bottom and side of my Lipos.

The cell more than dies. It burns. And leaves a reminder FOREVER. I swear, on hot days I STILL smell cooked lithium inside my truck and that incident happened almost 2 years ago ...
They do stink terribly 😖

Screenshot_20230526-110117_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230526-110127_Photos.jpg

Curious here. Did that one explode, flame up, or just efficiently burn? Or all of the above?
I had it on the charger, when I heard the 1st pop I yanked it off & ran it outside. About 30-45 seconds elapsed between those 2 pics, while I was frantically looking for the fire extinguisher. Must've just been a really intense, quick efficient burn. Really sorry I missed the fireworks!🤣

I had it on the charger, when I heard the 1st pop I yanked it off & ran it outside. About 30-45 seconds elapsed between those 2 pics, while I was frantically looking for the fire extinguisher. Must've just been a really intense, quick efficient burn. Really sorry I missed the fireworks!🤣
I was just curious beca⁹use being new to lipos, and hearing all the stories, I expected mine to exploded sending bits of lithium scattering like napalm. Imagine my disappointment(and relief) when I watched a lipo smother on top of another lipo for 30/40 minutes and not only did bottom one survive, according to the charger it was still holding a charge and usuable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back