Kraton Lipo Battery test. Max Amps 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caffeine

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Granite
  3. Voltage
So I had to know! So I bought a meter so I could measure the actual current draw of my Kraton on 6s. with a 15T pinion.. This is what I run for everything.. the car came with the 2900 30C and the facebook group said this would not be enough! but it worked! So the time came quick to buy a second battery and the peanut gallory chimed in saying No Way a 5000 25C would work.. even though they where 1/2 the price of the large C battery.. Well they where wrong! it would have worked.. and now I have the numbers to prove it! These are my finding.

Last edited:
Your point being? It may work with a 2000mAh 10C pack, but the cells wouldn't last long and it would have less punch.
An interesting test would be to get a high C battery and compare the peak current to this one's.

Your point being? It may work with a 2000mAh 10C pack, but the cells wouldn't last long and it would have less punch.
An interesting test would be to get a high C battery and compare the peak current to this one's.
I had an entire thing typed out.. but it's not worth it.. just buy your $150 battery and be happy that you know your right.

Don't fight with an idiot the guy watching from the side can't tell who the idiot is.
Do you understand what "C" is.. are you able to multiply two numbers together?
Staying under a little or under a lot, does not make your battery last longer..

Last edited:
Do the lower C batteries get hot after running a 1/2 hr in the grass. I know my Gens 50C batteries get pretty warm after a long run in the grass.

Do the lower C batteries get hot after running a 1/2 hr in the grass. I know my Gens 50C batteries get pretty warm after a long run in the grass.
Warm Yes. but not hot.. My racing quad batteries get too hot to hold! and there 3 years old and still going strong. I have never been able to kill a battery due to heat.. over discharge- left it plugged in over night with quad on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back